title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Getting a correct RG value after HDCD conversion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cyaneyes
    • May 2007

Getting a correct RG value after HDCD conversion

Hello all,

I have a few HDCDs in my collection I didn't know about until I started my current re-ripping project using R13. I have the Replaygain and HDCD DSPs active. The HDCD correctly attenuates the audio by -6db, however the replaygain scanner seems the scan the normal 16 bit audio before the conversion. For example an album with a "regular" -9db album gain should be a -3db after HDCD decoding.

Just wondered if there's a way I can tell dbpoweramp to do its Replaygain scanning AFTER the HDCD conversion? Or do I need to keep rescanning manually with fb2k?

Thanks!
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Getting a correct RG value after HDCD conversion

In what order do you have the DSP effects: HDCD or RG first?

Comment

• Cyaneyes
      • May 2007

Re: Getting a correct RG value after HDCD conversion

Ah ha. I had actually tried before to change the order of the DSPs but wasn't able to. I see now that you have to remove the one DSP, have the last DSP in the chain highlighted, and then right click to re-add the removed DSP again.

Haven't re-ripped an HDCD yet to test if it works, but I'm sure that will do the trick. Thanks!

Comment

Working...

]]>