title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Registered Batch Ripper - No AMG lookups available

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NoMo
    • Aug 2008

Registered Batch Ripper - No AMG lookups available

Hi,

First of all your software is great. It has streamlined the process of converting my large CD collection. Thanks and good job.

Basically my problem is that the batch ripper is showing that I have "run out" of AMG lookups. I have a registered version (361 days left). I saw somewhere there is a 400 lookup limit? I don't believe that since I reg'd that I have ripped 400 CD's. Does a "lookup" count as a song? Or a CD? Any help here is appreciated.

Also - is it possible for me to lookup/update metadata from AMG for those CD's that have already been ripped but failed to properly/completely retrieve metadata? FYI we are talking about many disks that should definitely be in the database.

Thanks

NoMo
  • bhoar
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2006

Re: Registered Batch Ripper - No AMG lookups available

A lookup is a CD.

Yes, there is a 400 CD lookup limit in the batch ripper. I think if you've used the 400 free lookups in the batch ripper before you register you don't get any more if you register. It's just 400 free "commercial" type lookups per computer, period. AMG considers the batch ripper a "commercial" use of the metadata and they were nice enough to both give 400 free commercial lookups and allow them to work during the trial period.

After that, they want their money.

You still get unlimited lookups in the single-drive CD Ripper itself once you register, if you run it manually.

-brendan

Comment

• NoMo
      • Aug 2008

That would make sense.

Do you have any comments about "retro lookups" for previously ripped CD's?

Thx

Comment

• bhoar
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Sep 2006

My comments are: I wish one could keep the metadata one has purchased from the premium metadata services as local lookups but, alas, their contracts stipulate that you pay every time. I suppose their argument is: you got the metadata, it is stored with your ripped tracks. You got what they licensed the data to you for, applying metadata to the tracks on that CD at that time. It has served its purpose.

Unfortunately, if one is using dbpoweramp for what it is really good at (dealing with damaged/difficult discs), one often has to re-recognize the disc several times.

For the time being, I avoid the premium metadata services.

-brendan

Comment

Working...

]]>