title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Total Tracks / Total Discs.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vulcan
    • Aug 2006

Total Tracks / Total Discs.

I've found that the use of the xx/xx format for disc and track numbers is somewhat unsupported for flac files in many media players (Foobar and JRiver Media Center in particular).

I'd like to be able to use the proper TOTALDISCS and TOTALTRACKS tags only with FLAC files. The reason for this is that I use the multiencoder to create MP3s. I don't want to remove the xx/xx format from those mp3 files or introduce unnecessary tags to them.

Any ideas?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Total Tracks / Total Discs.

We are going to switch over to TOTALxxxx for the next beta release, look for it shortly.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Vulcan
      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
      We are going to switch over to TOTALxxxx for the next beta release, look for it shortly.
      Great. I just downloaded it.

Comment

• TomS
        • Jan 2009

I'm looking into this, but now the change to DISCNUMBER as a single integer (as opposed to X/Y where Y is totaldiscs) and the addition of TOTALDISCS makes Squeezecenter display the album title as "Let It Be (Disc 1)", which is sort of silly and annoying since there is no disc 2 anyway.

So, is there anything I can do in dbpoweramp to make this work better in Squeezecenter? Don't write the Totaldiscs tag? I don't see that option in the metadata options.

Thanks

Tom S

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Are you sure it is not dBpoweramp which is adding disc number to the album title?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• TomS
            • Jan 2009

Yes, when I remove the TOTALDISCS tag and revert DISCNUMBER to "1/1" (instead of 1), it shows properly in Squeezecenter. And, mp3tag and dbpoweramp both show it without (disc 1) before/after my change.

I haven't tried removing totaldiscs and leaving discnumber at just "1" (instead of changing it to 1/1) yet.

Tom

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

It will be a setting somewhere in Squeezecenter.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• TomS
                • Jan 2009

FYI, they have fixed this in v7.3.2, which is due out soon I believe.

Comment

Working...

]]>