title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ID TAG UPDATE multiple profiles?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gasnyder
    • Jul 2008

ID TAG UPDATE multiple profiles?

I've recently been cleaning up my FLAC and OGG libraries. I have been using the ID TAG UPDATE codec to cleanup my FLAC files by deleting unwanted TAGs as well doing some mapping and adding cover art. I'd like to cleanup my OGG files using this codec also. However I retain different TAGs in FLAC versus OGG. My audio player gets confused by some tags in OGG files. I can't think of any way to use this codec for both FLAC and OGG without modifying the map and deletions tabs everytime. It would be nice if there was a way to have multiple ID TAG UPDATE codecs available to choose from, or to load/save a profile with the unique settings. I tried adding an ID TAG Update DSP effect to the codec but it appears to be ignored (as expected). I didn't see any .ini files or anything external that I could modify either. Any thoughts on how to accomplish this? I'm using the Reference 13 release in case that matters.

Thanks for the great program.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: ID TAG UPDATE multiple profiles?

An easy way to do this, which I believe will work but I am not 100% sure:
    Go to the \encoder folder in the directory dMC is installed to (default is C:\program files\illustrate\dbpoweramp)
    Copy the dll and ico file you want and rename it to something else (ID Tag Update FLAC, etc.).
    Use that codec and see if it works.

Comment

• gasnyder
      • Jul 2008

It worked!

Thanks Lt. Data. I was hoping there was an easy way I was just overlooking. Some notes about this method that I noticed:

1) In dBpoweramp configuration, the copied DLLs show up as installed but no associated release. This isn't a problem but just something I noticed.

2) In the copied DLL, all of the settings were blank. Again not a problem, just FYI.

Thanks again for the quick answer.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Go to dbpoweramp\versions\compression and make a file with the name of the dll and put in there "Release x".

Comment

Working...

]]>