title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Disc number metadata fault?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moley6knipe
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • May 2008

Disc number metadata fault?

ref13
    multi-encoder
    apple lossless 8
    lame 3.97

I've just ripped The Jam boxset Direction Reaction Creation (5 disc) and the 1990 eponymous Led Zeppelin box (4 discs)

The disc number appears to persist between discs - for example I'm currently ripping disc 3 of the Jam set and both that and disc 2 had to be corrected manually to their correct numbers - all meta providers listed discs 2 and 3 as disc 1.

Same problem with the Zep box set. A fault, or massive conicidence?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Disc number metadata fault?

Problem with internet meta data, many discs are in sets and singles.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• moley6knipe
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • May 2008

Thanks Spoon - I take it with the metadata providers that rely on the public's uploads the first one to upload their data is the one used? And if that's wrong then so is everyone elses?

No idea if/how it can be fed back to them, but the AMG and Music Brainz data for this Jam box set was utterly wrong - avergage of 3 tracks per disc correct!

The only one that got all the tracks right was freedb.

Comment

• bhoar
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by moley6knipe
        Thanks Spoon - I take it with the metadata providers that rely on the public's uploads the first one to upload their data is the one used? And if that's wrong then so is everyone elses?

No idea if/how it can be fed back to them, but the AMG and Music Brainz data for this Jam box set was utterly wrong - avergage of 3 tracks per disc correct!

That's pretty sad. :( Are we sure nothing incorrect happened in the perfectmeta analysis?

-brendan

Comment

• moley6knipe
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • May 2008

Don't know, I'm afraid. I'm perfectly happy to rip the box set again if it helps; I would think I'll need to clear or disable the local cache, yes?

Is there such a thing as a logfile showing what/when/how the metadata was pulled of the 'net?

Comment

• EliC
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Originally posted by moley6knipe

Again, just why I would like to see PerfectMeta pull multiple freeDB entries, as well as maybe adding Discogs. And hopefully creating a PerfectMetaDB for uploading manually entered/edited meta-data and scanned covers to illustrate!

Comment

• twit
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Jul 2010

_

Comment

Working...

]]>