title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Need a CD repair option

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • javajeff
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2006

Need a CD repair option

Can anyone recommend a reasonable CD repair option? I am ripping my collection to flac, and find a few CDs that have some tracks that are not Accurate. I may consider replacing the CDs, but I would like to see if anyone has other options that they know will work. These CDs were bought used and NOT heavily scratched...they only have some light surface marks.

These CDs ripped before with a different drive with an older version of dbpoweramp, and came up 100% accurate. I went back to that Drive with the newer version of dbpoweramp, and I still have some tracks that are not accurate. They can be different tracks than with my other drive. Also, I notice some differences between flac and mp3.
    Last edited by javajeff; 07-04-2008, 09:26 PM.
  • Saint Russell
    • Jun 2008

Re: Need a CD repair option

The problem in recommending an option that I know will work is that there isn't just one problem that causes CD errors, and so there's no one solution. I've successfully repaired scratches with a Skip Doctor (inexpensive hand-held resurfacing tool). Marks on your CDs may be light, but if they are circular scratches they can cause mistracking. But if your problem is caused by something else, the Skip Doctor is useless. For example, on a disc where the first part is fine but you start getting errors towards the end, the disc may be dish-warped, and I haven't figured out how to fix that problem.

Comment

Working...

]]>