title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Is it possible to change rip directory based on "some" genres?

Is it possible to change rip directory based on "some" genres?

I'm trying to automate as much of my tagging as possible and I love the programmable tagging. I'd like to be able to have soundtracks get ripped to a soundtracks sub folder (Soundtrack\[Album]\) when the genre Soundtrack is identified in the meta information while everything else gets my normal [Artist]\[Album]\ treatment.

I saw some IF... SET... options in a forum question regarding the Batch Ripping process but not sure if that could be applied to the normal CD Ripper process.

Thanks much.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Is it possible to change rip directory based on "some" genres?

I do the same thing. So far, I've just ripped soundtrack albums in batches, then move them manually.

What you could do possibly is put this in your naming string, note I haven't tested it so can't verify it works.

[IFEQALS][genre],Sountrack,Soundtrack\[][IF!EQUALS][genre],Sountrack,[artist]\[]

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Why not set a profile for ripping Soundtracks?

I've got 4 profiles set, and I just select one according to what type of disc (ie single-artist disc, comp disc etc) I'm ripping. That way you can be incredibly specific about file-naming, folder structure, permitted tags for e.g. soundtracks, without affecting the settings for other, non-soundtrack, rips.