title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Newbie Question - One Folder, Two Files???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sashua
    • Jun 2008

Newbie Question - One Folder, Two Files???

I am converting my CD's over to FLAC and I find that when I rip two or more CD's from the same band that they are all placed into the same folder with the band's name. There is only one cover art folder inside (the last one ripped).

How do I correct this - or is it normal?

Will my Sonos differentiate and still pull up two distinct CD's with all corresponding metadata?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Newbie Question - One Folder, Two Files???

Change your naming scheme to include a folder for album. If you update to dMC r13, the default naming scheme has this change done already.

Comment

• sashua
      • Jun 2008

Please pardon my inexperience here. I just downloaded what I assume to be the latest version of dMC only 3 days ago. I assume that I have dMC 13 but how would I know?

Meantime, I also don't understand what you mean by "changing my naming scheme to include a folder for album". By that do you mean change the name of the artist slightly so it will be recognized by dMC as a separate entity?

Thanks for all the help,
      Russ

Comment

• andynormancx
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by sashua
        Meantime, I also don't understand what you mean by "changing my naming scheme to include a folder for album". By that do you mean change the name of the artist slightly so it will be recognized by dMC as a separate entity?
        No, he means that in dMC it is possible to configure what folder structure is created to put your ripped files in. Before r13 the default for this folder structure didn't include a separate folder for each album, but in r13 is does.

You configure the folder structure through the "Set" button next to the "Naming" field on the main window. But you shouldn't need to mess with it in r13, it should already do what you want.

To see what version you are running go to "Start menu->Programs->dBpoweramp Music Converter->Configuration->dBpoweramp Configuration". That will show you the version number.
        Last edited by andynormancx; 06-19-2008, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

If you were using R12 and updated to R13 you would have to click 'Set' next to naming and choose the 'default' option, otherwise the R12 setting would be kept.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sashua
            • Jun 2008

I just checked and I am using R13. I had a trial version previously but I deleted it from my computer before purchasing the full premium version.

Will I always need to use the "set" button from here on or can I reconfigure somehow or download a patch to make this task easier?

Thanks,
            Russ

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

No, just once.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>