title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD TOC tagging

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grommet
    • Apr 2007

CD TOC tagging

Is there CD TOC tagging support for ripping to (LAME) MP3? The dBpoweramp pop-up can detect if a CD TOC exists (at least for MP3 and WMA), and will tell you it's there in the "contains" section.

I see there is a beta to fix this functionality for WMA encoding, as well as a new standard solution for OGG/FLAC.

Apologizes if I've somehow missed this...
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD TOC tagging

Yes, for mp3 we store the binary toc (LBA, untouched from CD drive, ie not having 150 added) in the idv2 'MCDI' frame.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• grommet
      • Apr 2007

Thanks for the reply. I just tried this on dBpoweramp R13 CD ripper and I don't see CD TOC added to either LAME MP3, or WMA with the current "beta" R6 WMA encoder.

The dBpoweramp Explorer pop-up also doesn't see it, either. What am I missing? Is there a setting somewhere?

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Did you check the option in the CD Ripper ID Tag Options, so that the TOC is added to the tags?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

By default we do not write that tag (incase it causes problems with incompatible software).
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• grommet
            • Apr 2007

OK. Thanks. I think I found it. The "Raw CD TOC" button in the metadata write ID options, correct? (Is there really an application that blows up with that tag?) CD TOC is now seen, at least for MP3, WMA and FLAC.

So, I guess the next question is... Is Raw CD TOC technically the correct term in the UI for all formats? Is the WM/MCDI tag, as used by Microsoft in WMA (and adapted for FLAC now), considered a Raw CD TOC?

And one last thing to 'confirm': dbPoweramp's CD Ripper currently can't generate the "Microsoft style" MCDI tag for MP3 ID3, which has 150 added and is normally written in Unicode, correct? (I think I have a scenario to deal with that depends on the Microsoft style implementation only.)
            Last edited by grommet; 06-15-2008, 02:03 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Correct, raw is perhaps not the correct name.

So MS store a text tag in the MCDI for mp3, that is not per the id3v2 specs.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>