title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Plextor 760A and FUA Support

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juancdg
    • Mar 2008

Plextor 760A and FUA Support

Hi, I am using dbpoweramp 12.3 and when I try to rip using the Plextor PX-760A and test the FUA support, it gives me the following message: "CD drive rejected FUA clear command, FUA will be not used". What's worng? Why I cannot clear the cache of the Plextor drive? Can someone please help me? Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Plextor 760A and FUA Support

You might have installed another program (such as Daemon Tools) which inserts filters into the SCSI chain of command so to speak, which could be fltering out the FUA. Which OS, which communication method is used in CD Ripper? How does the drive connect to the system.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pls1
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jan 2008

From personal experience I can tell you several common consumer media programs can interfere with Plextor 7XX units working properly with dbpoweramp by installing stuff at the Class Upper Filters or Class Lower Filters in Windows to the Plextor

If you run Windows check for entries under:
      System Properties/hardware/Device Manager/DVD CD-ROM drives/Plextor 760/Details

Class Upper Filters
      Class Lower Filters

If you identify an entry there from one of your media programs, that is very likely the culprit.

Phil

Comment

• juancdg
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
        You might have installed another program (such as Daemon Tools) which inserts filters into the SCSI chain of command so to speak, which could be fltering out the FUA. Which OS, which communication method is used in CD Ripper? How does the drive connect to the system.
        Hi, spoon my drive is connected via USB, the communication method ued is the Nero Aspi (the drive is not recognized using other method). I don't have daemon tools installed on my system. By the way, I'm using WinXP SP2

Comment

• juancdg
          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by pls1
          From personal experience I can tell you several common consumer media programs can interfere with Plextor 7XX units working properly with dbpoweramp by installing stuff at the Class Upper Filters or Class Lower Filters in Windows to the Plextor

If you run Windows check for entries under:
          System Properties/hardware/Device Manager/DVD CD-ROM drives/Plextor 760/Details

Class Upper Filters
          Class Lower Filters

If you identify an entry there from one of your media programs, that is very likely the culprit.

Phil
          Hi Phil, I've checked the class upper filters and it says "psecbdr" and in lower filters : "PxHelp20", "Pfc", "ElbyCDFL". Don't know what does mean maybe one of the entries is the culprit??

Comment

• EliC
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Originally posted by juancdg
            Hi, spoon my drive is connected via USB, the communication method ued is the Nero Aspi (the drive is not recognized using other method). I don't have daemon tools installed on my system. By the way, I'm using WinXP SP2
            Your USB bridge may not pass all commands.

Comment

• juancdg
              • Mar 2008

I just want to add that the cache size is properly detected but when I want to use FUA to clear the cache, I can't.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Is the drive a plextor USB native drive, or have you added a USB >> IDE adaptor to connect a normal ide drive?
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• juancdg
                  • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
                  Is the drive a plextor USB native drive, or have you added a USB >> IDE adaptor to connect a normal ide drive?
                  The drive is an IDE dirve. I'm using an IDE >> USB adaptor to attach it to the system.

Comment

• LtData
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • May 2004

Your USB adapter probably isn't compatible with that command and cannot/will not pass it.

Comment

• bhoar
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by juancdg
                      Hi, spoon my drive is connected via USB, the communication method ued is the Nero Aspi (the drive is not recognized using other method).
                      Does FUA work via ASPI in dbpa?

-brendan

Comment

• juancdg
                        • Mar 2008

Thank you guys for all your replies. I have find that my USB adaptor is not compatible with this command. I have installed the drive inside the computer using the native IDE port and now it works. :happy:

Comment

Working...

]]>