title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Having Trouble Installing m4a & mp4 & Apple Lossless

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hollyb85
    • Apr 2008

Having Trouble Installing m4a & mp4 & Apple Lossless

I downloaded it and am following instructions on the page:

Installation Instructions:

1) download the Nero codec Zip package from:

Nero Platinum - Nero is the leading provider of premium software for the multimedia experience. We make burning, streaming, editing more convenient and easier. Start your free trial today!

2) Open the zip file (by double clicking on it) and open the folder win32, select neroAacEnc and copy (Edit menu >> Copy). Open a new explorer window, it is important the old zip window is left open (press Windows Key + E) and browse to:

C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\AAC (Advanced Audio Compression)\

In the above folder select (Edit menu >> Paste). After extracting the following files should be present in the above folder:

encoder Text Document
    mp4creator Application
    Nero Bitmap Image
    neroAacEnc Application
    toaac Windows Batch File

When I move "neroAacEnc" into the "C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\AAC (Advanced Audio Compression)\" folder, nothing happens. I right click and find no option to extract files... What am I doing wrong here? :o
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Having Trouble Installing m4a & mp4 & Apple Lossless

If you have the neroAacEnc in that folder, then you are done.

Comment

• hollyb85
      • Apr 2008

still not working..when I go to convert something that is AAC to MP3 is says:

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Documents and Settings\Holly\My Documents\Downloads\Stop Making Sense\09 Take Me To The River.m4a' to 'C:\Documents and Settings\Holly\My Documents\Downloads\Stop Making Sense\09 Take Me To The River.mp3'
      Error: Unable to load decoder for file type '.m4a', codec not installed? visit 'Codec Central'. [dBCoreConverter::dBCoreConverter]

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

So you installed the dMC m4a codec and moved the neroAacEnc.exe file to the location specified and you get that error?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

[quote]C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\AAC (Advanced Audio Compression)\[quote]

This folder is wrong, you have to put it in the encoder\m4a (Nero) folder
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• vance43211
            • Apr 2008

[QUOTE=Spoon;77073][quote]C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\AAC (Advanced Audio Compression)\

This folder is wrong, you have to put it in the encoder\m4a (Nero) folder
            yeah. you can just extract that nero file and do a simple copy and paste withneroAacEnc.exe

Comment

Working...

]]>