title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

licensing & version confusion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aBob
    • May 2007

licensing & version confusion

My biggest problem with the software really, is that half the time I don't know if I'm running the best version (including alphas, etc). Also, I'm confused now, as I cannot get AMG to work, config says 'expired' but I *thought* (possibly confused) that the deal was to register Reference, get Reference AND AMG for one year? Perhaps the Reference has been extended past that year?

I am running two computers, with 12.4 on one and 13 on the other. Both are Vista. I moved everything to new Vista installations a while back.

I do not ever get the extended info columns either in Vista Windows Explorer, nor in Directory Opus (which would be very nice, still! hehe). I may get them for mp3, not for FLAC, certainly, in Explorer.

I would like to be able to do searches based on tags, mostly.

I don't mind at all, renewing my subscription, and find the prices fair, but do not want to goof up and spend more than necessary.

I may have more q's or comments later. I know a 'wish' would be the option to copy (when doing transcoding) specified files (extensions) to the created output directories. Seems simple enough. I am using my own front-end right now, to do this, so my cover art goes into the mp3 folders when converting from my original FLAC. Also, I understand that TAK probably must be open-source to be including as a dbPoweramp codec, but am finding it a nice codec. Mostly, if any file is known to contain tag type 'x' couldn't it be configured to display in the popups?

Maybe, I tell dbPoweramp, to look at files with extension .xyz for apev2 tags?

Thanks, Much,

Bob
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: licensing & version confusion

You get AMG for one year, but Reference is good until r13 comes out, at which point an upgrade price will be offered to upgrade your r12 Reference to r13 Reference. A final price has not been decided on this, as far as I am aware.
    Check the e-mail you got when you purchased dMC, there is a separate download link for AMG. Also, try here to get your AMG reinstalled: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=16574
    Vista doesn't support the Explorer columns, as shown here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showpost...24&postcount=2. Not sure about Directory Opus. The mp3 columns are from Vista itself, hence why FLAC doesn't work.

You can specify what extensions you want to convert when using Batch Converter. I am not regarding searching files for tags, this would probably have to be done with scripting.

Comment

Working...

]]>