title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DBpoweramp does not "see" SATA Plextor 712A

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kurt_S
    • Nov 2007

DBpoweramp does not "see" SATA Plextor 712A

It is available to the operating system but the application will not recognize it consistently. If I fiddle with it repeatedly it my show up as one of my 3 installed CD drives. Any suggestion... I registered for the Reference version of the program but not I am starting to wish I stayed with EAC which as using this drive with no problems.
  • Kurt_S
    • Nov 2007

Re: DBpoweramp does not "see" SATA Plextor 712A

I just ripped a CD and put the same CD back into the same drive it was just ripped on but but DMAc does not recognize the disk. Any ideas on what might be going on?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Is the drive always shown in Windows explorer?
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Des
        • Jul 2007

Isn't this the same bug in 12R3 that tripped me up the other day? I.e you rip once and then the drive goes missing?

Comment

• bhoar
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Des
          Isn't this the same bug in 12R3 that tripped me up the other day? I.e you rip once and then the drive goes missing?
          I was pretty sure that error related to USB drives going missing. If it is specific to USB bridge controllers, then it is unlikely to be applicable. However, if it is specific to removable storage, then it might be if using SATA in Native mode, since such drives are hot swappable.

So, if it applies, it might be worth trying the R13 alpha #7, which includes a fix for the USB drive gone missing error.

-brendan

Comment

• Kurt_S
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
            Is the drive always shown in Windows explorer?
            Yeah it is always in explorer but now EAC does not always see it either. I flashed form 1.07 to 1.09 which didn't have anything that was pertaining to this problem but WTH.

This model, 712A has only lead-in so since I have so much work for it I am going to just replace it with the best ATAP Plextor I can get my hands on. This time I will configure a cool-down if I can.

Comment

Working...

]]>