title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

AMG back to 30 day trial after reinstallation

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: AMG back to 30 day trial after reinstallation

PX230a if you do not need overreading. This is not a real plextor (is rebadged), but is the best drive I have seen for reading through errors. Any of the latest plextors seem nearly as good:

708a
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Kurt_S
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
      PX230a if you do not need overreading. This is not a real plextor (is rebadged), but is the best drive I have seen for reading through errors. Any of the latest plextors seem nearly as good:

708a
      I just bought both a PX230A and a 760 from the same place. Looks like these older drives are commanding a little bit of a premium over the new offerings and after some reading decided I had recommendation enough to go with the discontinued models. Also might try to see what is wrong with my 712 but it may be an earlier release that appears to have had a higher failure rate. Thanks, I was just having a bad day yesterday so again I apologize.

Comment

• chileboy
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Bill41
        I've never heard so many people whine about $5 per year, which comes to
        1.3 cents per day, 9.6 cents per month, & 41 cents a month.It costs Spoon more than that just to answer your frivolous posts.
        End of rant. :D
        I'm not sure that's fair.

The cost is mostly immaterial. It's really the PIA factor. If I have a 1-year subscription, I should be able to (easily) use it for one year, even after a reinstall. I'd rather pay $15 / year (or $25, or $30, whatever) and know I didn't have to worry about it.

Let's face it, like it or not, crashes and re-installs are pretty commonplace and maybe ought to be factored in.

Not trying to be contrary here...I know there's always the cost/benefit analysis for Spoon.

The other thing is, although you (or I) could care less about the $5, it might matter to some people...

Just my .02.

- Mark

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

The install works for a minimum of 3 months, if you are happy paying $20, then you could have an install for the entire year (buy 4 a year).
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• chileboy
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Nov 2007

OK, I think you're missing my points. From what I understand, in your worst-case scenerio (if I have to reinstall every 3 months) I still would have to pony up the $5 on 4 separate occassions - not once for the whole year. That's different than just paying $20 up-front and being done with it.

My other point being, guess I have to be more explicit - maybe it's hard for folks here to believe, but becoming a registered user might be a stretch already for some folks, budget-wise, without having to worry about another $5.

Again, just food for thought, that's all.

- Mark

Comment

• EliC
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

As mentioned, spoon has very little control over the AMG service and how its implemented. He is already offering a MUCH cheaper service for AMG access then most people get. I understand and agree with people frustration when they cannot re-install AMG. I am sure spoon would like it to be easier as well. The one thing I think spoon should change is to make it more explicit that it cant be reinstalled and that you may loose the remaining year.

Comment

• chileboy
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by EliC
                As mentioned, spoon has very little control over the AMG service and how its implemented. He is already offering a MUCH cheaper service for AMG access then most people get. I understand and agree with people frustration when they cannot re-install AMG. I am sure spoon would like it to be easier as well. The one thing I think spoon should change is to make it more explicit that it cant be reinstalled and that you may loose the remaining year.
                I know about AMG and I understand the issues, I'm not disputing that. I think Spoon has done, and continues to do, a spectacular job all-around. I was trying to make the point that it is a pain, and while an extra $5 or $10 luckily doesn't mean anything to you or me, it might to a lot of people who are already stretched. I was just a bit put off by the implication that people are somehow unreasonable whiners when they point out something that, IMHO, is a legitimate concern, that's all. What exactly to do about it is a different issue.

- Mark

Comment

• hagak
                  • Sep 2007

Ok I just want clarification on this. I just purchased dMC Ref. with 1 year of AMG. this week. I have been having various driver issues on my machine and was planning on doing a rebuild of the machine which would require me to reinstall dMC and AMG. Since it has been within the 3 months I should be fine reinstalling it without paying again right?

Also trying to find out if I am allowed to run dMC and AMG on my laptop as well as my desktop under the same license? Note both machines are used only by myself and I never use them at the same time. I only use the laptop when on travel however find myself wanting to rip CDs while on travel (travel alot and tend to buy music while away for extended trips). Can I do this or am I required to purchase a second license? Thank you

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

If you are inside your 3 months, reinstall from the AMG link given.

Illustrate are hapy for programs to be run on 2x family compters, however AMG are not, you would have to purchase an additional $5 license.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• hagak
                      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
                      If you are inside your 3 months, reinstall from the AMG link given.

Illustrate are hapy for programs to be run on 2x family compters, however AMG are not, you would have to purchase an additional $5 license.
                      Thanks, that sounds good. I may buy that second AMG license being only $5. However that 3 month deal is a bit annoying, but as one already posted at most it would cost you $20 a year.

Comment

• bhoar
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by hagak
                        Thanks, that sounds good. I may buy that second AMG license being only $5.
                        Might be worth holding off on the second AMG license until a few days before travel, giving you more flexibility to determine the 3-month install period.

-brendan

Comment

• hagak
                          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by bhoar
                          Might be worth holding off on the second AMG license until a few days before travel, giving you more flexibility to determine the 3-month install period.

-brendan
                          Exactly my plan :D

Comment

Working...

]]>