title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Replay Gain by Album ID errors

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flepp_w
    • Oct 2007

Replay Gain by Album ID errors

Hello

Album Replay gets confused in batch conversions when Albums of different Artists have same name. (ex. Best Of, Very Best Of, Live in .... etc) .

I had to apply Replay Gain one by one for this type of Albums.

Would be nice if Album is identified by some more tags if they exist, like CDDB ID, AR ID, Artist .....etc.

Also my question is, are DSP'S and Utility Codecs on the same version level ?

Thanks & Kind regards

flepp_w
  • studley
    • Oct 2006

Re: Replay Gain by Album ID errors

I'm not sure that is the entire problem. I have been recently going through my collection to add Replay Gain and have encountered problems where the album id is not written.

I, however, have not found it consistent as you have described. I have taken to converting 'Best Of' and 'Greatest Hits' individually for the reason you described, but I still encounter problems when I do batches of files in hierarchical directories.

I have been unable to consistantly reproduce it. It seems at some point in the process it simply stops trying and when I examine the files I find these tags haven't been set. It only neglects the two tags related to 'album', it does set the 'track' ReplayGain values.

I have even had incidences (more rare) where it has set all the Album Gain values to the exact same value (not blank). These were wildly varying albums and it cannot be simply coincidental.

Unfortunately, I cannot advise Spoon on how to reproduce this problem other than to suggest attempting to ReplayGain a couple hundred files and hope he encounters it.

Cheers, David

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Re: Replay Gain by Album ID errors

I've recently noticed some "missing" album gain values on some of my albums (FLAC files). Note that although I do replaygain when ripping, I typically replaygain again in a batch mode because if I had to re-rip any single songs within an album, the resulting album gain is not correct for that song (i.e., the "album" gain is based on only the subset of songs re-ripped). This doesn't seem to be related to similar name albums, but does arise when I replaygain, say 100 or more albums at once. These are all organized by artist/album/track# in terms of directories. Not a frequent occurrence but it does happen often enough that I actually open all my files (after replaygaining with dbpoweramp) in mp3tag and sort on album replaygain field to check to see none are missing.

Comment

Working...

]]>