title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

"Key Disc" and "Unable to read CD" error messges

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • New hound
    • Oct 2007

"Key Disc" and "Unable to read CD" error messges

Hello All,

I have downloaded a copy of dBpoweramp Music Converter R12.3 this afternoon and have successfully used it to rip directly to mp3 format and also to rib to Monleys Audio and then convert the *.ape file to an mp3 format. However on a couple of cd's that I have tried to rip I am getting the following errors

Error 1 - On inserting the CD into the drive I get the following error "This Key Disc can not be used for offset detection (It does not match the one stored in accurate disc database) Please try a different Key Disc". The only user option associayed with this error is "ok"

On pressing OK the program loads pretty much all of the cd information (i.e Title, artist genre etc) correctly. It does not however pick up the ratings of each of the individual songs.

Error 2 - When I select 'Rip' I get the following error message "error ripping to Monkeys Audio, 'Track 1' to (...selected file location...) Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 0 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 22500)[clRipperBurst::Rip]"

This error is repeated for all of the tracks on ths CD with only the LBA numbers changing

The CD is one that I purchased legitmately and has benn ripped before using Nero. The disc also plays fine in the CD drive.

Any hints on what I can do to fix this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jason
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: "Key Disc" and "Unable to read CD" error messges

Every other CD rips fine?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• New hound
      • Oct 2007

I have ripped about 4 Cd's so far with no problems and had problems with 3 others.

Jason

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Make sure your CD drive is not in PIO mode: http://winhlp.com/WxDMA.htm

Comment

• New hound
          • Oct 2007

Yeah it was in PIO mode - nice call - thanks heaps for that. I put one of the problem CD's in straight after and it ripped perfectly.

Awesome - Cheers

I found this site which stepped me through the process of changing it out of PIO mode really well

Explanation of DMA: DMA is an abbreviation for Direct Memory Access, an access method for external devices where the data transfer is not done by the central processor, but by a small special processor called DMA controller. It uses a procedure called cycle stealing, where the central processor memory access cycles are

Thanks again

Jason

Comment

Working...

]]>