title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How do I delete an incorrect album cover?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MelM
    • Sep 2007

How do I delete an incorrect album cover?

I've got a CD where the track info looks good but the album cover is wrong. The CD is from a 2 CD set and it's all Ravel but the album cover retrieved includes Debussy also. Can I just
    delete the jpeg image file from the rip directory? I don't see any way of getting rid of the cover art directly from the rip program.
  • MelM
    • Sep 2007

Re: How do I delete an incorrect album cover?

Deleting the image file didn't work; when the CD
    got to itunes (coming from an archive folder), the image was still there. Going into tag edit via Windows Explorer did the trick though. I just selected the cover art item and clicked -Remove. I did this for each track since I wasn't seeing any cover art item when trying a multi-line edit. Anyway, the CDs were then imported into itunes without a problem and synced with the ipod.

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

A way to mass update or remove album art is via the "ID Tag Update" utility codec. To update album art, simply use Manipulation --> import album art from folder.jpg. For removal, just use Deletion and then select "Album Art".

Comment

• Colombus
        • Oct 2007

I am new at this so could you please explain exactly how to do "Mainpulation" from ID Tag Edit to mass update album art

Comment

• Wayne
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Aug 2002

Everything is explained in the Help document for the "ID Tag Update" codec installed when you install the codec itself.

When you right click the file(s) you want to update select the "convert to" option. For the Convert To codec select the "ID Tag Update". This will present you with a number of tabs. Select Manipulation and scroll the list to the bottom and select import from folder. This will cause the files to be updated with the folder.jpg file in the same folder as the files you are "converting".

Hope this helps?

Comment

• dylanremaster
            • Oct 2007

Is it possible to add a artwork for a CD to the image database ?8I mean not my computer I mean the database online)
            I ripped Essential Elvis Presley but got artwork for a another complication

Comment

Working...

]]>