title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Will dMC convert to Apple-Lossless or WMA-Lossless?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MelM
    • Sep 2007

Will dMC convert to Apple-Lossless or WMA-Lossless?

At this pont, my plan is to build a WavPack archive, maintain tags in the archive, then convert to Apple-Lossless or WMA-Lossless which can be imported into my itunes library. Can this converter convert WavPack to Apple-Lossless or WMA-Lossless and bring enough tag info to work in itunes?

I note that dMC is a ripper also and comes with a tagger. Right now I'm thinking EAC and Tag&Rename, but could dmC do the whole show including getting album art?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Will dMC convert to Apple-Lossless or WMA-Lossless?

dMC can convert WavPack to ALAC or WMA Lossless with tags, yes. dMC will not add tags or album art when converting, though, that is only done when you rip CDs.

Comment

• MelM
      • Sep 2007

Lt. Data,

Thanks and a new question about AccurateRip.

I've downloaded dMC and 3 codecs. I think I bought PowerPack and a year of AMG. (I know I bought something.) Anyway, I want to try out the ripper and tagger. Unless AMG gives much better results than I'm getting from itunes, I'm in for some really heavy tagging work on my classical CDs which are most of my collection. I want to tag the WavPack files and do no tagging in itunes.

I have a question about AccurateRip. Some of what I've read makes it sound like actual ripped tracks are be exchanged between my computer and AccurateRip. I don't want to send tracks from my computer or receive anyone else's. So, are tracks (or any data that could be used to reconstruct tracks) being exchanged or is it only something like MD5 data that's being exchanged?

Mel

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

No, the tracks are not being sent to AccurateRip, just a checksum like MD5, which cannot be used to reconstruct the track.

Comment

• MelM
          • Sep 2007

Great! I'm reading the docs that came with the download and should be on my way soon.

Mel

Comment

Working...

]]>