title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Replay Gain analysis without file conversion?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drooly
    • Sep 2007

Replay Gain analysis without file conversion?

Is there a way to accomplish just Replay gain analysis and get the results into the mp3 tag without doing a file conversion? I have piles of mp3's that I would like to process without re-encoding them. I'm using DBPoweramp Reference v12.3. Awesome product, BTW!
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Replay Gain analysis without file conversion?

Get the ReplayGain utility codec in Codec Central.

Comment

• drooly
      • Sep 2007

It says "requires player to read ReplayGain tags" - Will Winamp read them, or does it imply it must the the DBPoweramp player?

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

It means the player you are using must support reading ReplayGain tags. And I don't think the dBpoweramp Audio Player supports reading ReplayGain tags, actually.

Comment

• drooly
          • Sep 2007

Just what I was looking for - I didn't realize even after studying the website that the Utility ReplayGain codec has different applications than the DSP ReplayGain codec - thanks Lt Data!

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

They do the same thing, but the DSP effect requires a conversion while the utility codec does not. Note that the "ID Tag Update" also is a DSP effect and utility codec.

Comment

Working...

]]>