title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central
 
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: CODEC problem ripping from CD

  1. #1
    Unregistered

    Unhappy CODEC problem ripping from CD

    I receive the following message when trying to rip A CD from either of my DVD or CDRW:
    "CODEC decompression error for 'E:\Track01.cda'
    Unable to Rip track - make sure correct Ripping method is selected and CD Drive supports digital audio extraction."

    This is a fresh install of dbpoweramp convertor on a fresh install of Windows XP +SP1. No matter which ripping mode I use (such as the older ASPI, NT/2000, NT/2000 Limited it fails to work. I've uninstalled it, reinstalled it, removed all registry keys etc. It just keeps popping the message up.
    The problem is not with the drives because Nero can rip from either.
    Before I reformatted my system (hence the fresh install)dbpoweramp worked fine.

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    42,839
    Use NT/2000 Device IO, and make sure you are logged on as Administrator. Also use the Audio CD Input program.

  3. #3
    Unregistered
    As mentioned, I've already tried using the NT/2000 Device IO and Audio CD Input program. My user is of Administrator class.

    Thanks for any help you can give.

  4. #4
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    42,839
    In Audio CD Input does it show the tracks on the drive?

    Is the Ripping Method set to MMC?

  5. #5
    Unregistered
    I've tried altering the MMC settings too. I'm wondering if its related to SP1?
    The track names do show up btw.

    Thanks

  6. #6
    Unregistered
    If I try ripping from my DVD (drive f I get
    CODEC decompression error for '\\CdRom\Track01.cda'
    Unable to Rip track - make sure correct Ripping method is selected and CD Drive supports digital audio extraction.

    Note it says "cdrom" not the drive letter.

  7. #7
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    42,839
    Nothing to do with SP1, thats what I run.

    All I can suggest is to try another ripping program, it is very odd...

  8. #8
    Unregistered
    You wouldn't happen to be using a Plextor 40x (PX-40TSi or TSe)? I've had problems with both CDex and dbpoweramp music convertor with that drive. Apparently, Windows XP and the Plextor don't get along with regards to DAE. CD-DA X-Tractor, and most of my Linux programs rip fine.

  9. #9
    Unregistered
    Originally posted by Unregistered
    You wouldn't happen to be using a Plextor 40x (PX-40TSi or TSe)? I've had problems with both CDex and dbpoweramp music convertor with that drive. Apparently, Windows XP and the Plextor don't get along with regards to DAE. CD-DA X-Tractor, and most of my Linux programs rip fine.
    I forgot to mention. The only way I got this drive to work was setting the Advanced Ripping Configuration to Read Standard(SI) command.

  10. #10
    Unregistered
    How can I find out if my CD drive supports DAE??? I am getting the same error messages as those above...Codec decompression error-track01.cda, unable to rip-support DAE, available space, yada yada yada...
    I am running Win 98 and a Mitsumi FX400D !B ...I need help here, if don't convert my Tool CD to MP3 all the free-world may be at a loss...

  11. #11
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    42,839
    Try CDex (search google), if it doesn't work with that then it probabbly won't work.

  12. #12
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    230
    Go here and download and install Nero CD Speed. Once done, run a DAE quality test in Nero CD Speed (requires an Audio CD to be in the drive). This will show us if the drive can truly handle DAE or not.

    Installing and running Nero Info Tool from here and posting a pic of what you see should give us more information on your drive.

  13. #13
    Unregistered

    whoopee do =)

    Figured it out. It was a mainboard driver problem which has recently been fixed (i.e. ALI put out a buggy driver).
    Version 1.07 of the Integrated ALI chipset drivers are buggy, they don't support all of the IDE features correctly, this was apparent when using Nero CD Speed.
    To fix the problem I got the new updated drivers ftp://ftp.aliusa.com/driver/Integrated1.091.exe (V 1.091, all Windows O/S) from their site which "fixes the Nero CD Speed" issue.
    This is not just restricted to one mainboard (mine is an IWill XP333R) but all boards using ALI Chipsets M1541 M1621 M1631 M1632M M1641 M1644 M1646 M1647 M1649 M1651 M1671 M1672 M1543C M1535 M1535D M1535+ M1535D+ M1563, this includes the ALI Magik.

    <the original thread poster =) >

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •