title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Newbie Question, Sorry...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jongig
    • Sep 2007

Newbie Question, Sorry...

I want to create a second Music Library for Lossless Flac. I paid the 28 bucks for DBPoweramp and installed it with no problems.

I am ripping CDs and I have a couple issues:

1. The program on about 20% of my songs is telling me the rip was Inaccurate. Why and how do I correct this? I had ripped to WMA Lossless with Windows Media Player with these same CDs and was never told I had any problems by WMP.
    2. I am using Windows Media Player and for the most part I like it. I did use Musicmatch for years but that has since been hijacked by Yahoo and because of a dumb dialog box I dumped it. Windows Media Player will not recognize the Flac files and add them to the library, why? One clue is that I checked in the options and check the Flac Files button but after checking it and then returning to the options page the check mark is gone. WMP will play the files if I go to the file outside of WMP and double click on it.

Thanks for your help,

John
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Newbie Question, Sorry...

1. Turn on secure mode in the Options, make sure the CD isn't scratched.
    2. There are programs you can install to get WMP to recognize and play FLAC files. You need a DirectShow filter to get WMP to play the files and you need to install a separate item so that WMP can read the FLAC meta-data.

Comment

Working...

]]>