title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ultra secure ripping - no of passes?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Empgamer
    • Aug 2007

Ultra secure ripping - no of passes?

I read an earlier thred on this but am not quite sure of what the actual outcome is.

If I use Secure and also enable Ultra Secure, if the CD is in Accurate Rip I generally get 1-2 passes max and then encode (to FLAC). If the CD isn't I tend to get 5 rips EVERY time which massively adds to the rip time (e.g. 53 mins of CD took 28 to rip). It is probably doing what it should (and/or the Dell OEM dtive is crap) but I half expected it only to go to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Ultra rips only if it needs to. That said I have min 3/max 6 enabled and I never go to 6 passes (yet). What I don't want is that every CD (and hopefully there will be few) CDs that are not in AR take 1/2 an hour + to rip.

The CD/RW is, I believe a Hitachi HL-DT-ST CD/RW GWA4164B.

So main questions (bearing in mind these are not visibly damaged CDs):

a) Is something not right with what the ripper is doing?

b) Presume I might need another drive to cure it?

c) Would I be better going for just Secure without enabling Ultra and then just re rip any tracks marked as Not Secure at the end of the rip using Ultra?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Ultra secure ripping - no of passes?

Note that dMC does 2 burst passes, 2 secure passes, then the min (3) ultra-secure passes, I believe.
    c) That might be a good idea, but again the final decision is up to you.

Comment

Working...

]]>