title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Album art from WMP to iTunes?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • press250
    • Dec 2004

Album art from WMP to iTunes?

Perhaps a bit off-topic, but vexing nonetheless ...

I have my entire collection ripped into WMA Lossless as my "reference" library. I am using DMC r12 and the m4a codec to transcode into an "iTunes" library for my iPod. Works like a charm, blazing fast stuff on my dual-core machine, so far so good.

But I cannot figure out how to get the album art to move. All the album art was loaded via Windows Media Player, so there are a couple of JPG files (small and a large version) in each album directory. Any ideas of what is required to get all that album art into iTunes? Auto-magically? We're talking about roughly a thousand albums, so manual intervention is not appealing. ;-)

Thanks in advance!
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Album art from WMP to iTunes?

Use the "ID Tag Update" DSP effect, under the Manipulation Tab, pick "Import album art from folder.jpg".

Comment

• press250
      • Dec 2004

Thanks for the super-fast reply ... worked like a charm!

I am curious about the different mechanisms for handling album art. Windows Media Player stores 'hidden' JPG files in the album directory. iTunes creates a completely separate (and oddly organized) file hierarchy under the "Album Artwork" directory. However, this dMC method attaches the album art to each and every song as part of the ID3 Tag?

Attaching the album art as part of the ID3 Tag would seem to be the most portable method, but it would also seem to be a little more 'wasteful' as the album art is duplicted onto each song. So far everything makes sense to me.

But if I run dMC with and without the album art (all other settings left identical) the file sizes come out a tiny bit *smaller* when I import the album art! Is there some magic going on here? ;-)

Thanks again for the help!

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

dMC embeds within the tag.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• msandersen
          • Sep 2007

I don't know about the iTunes file structure, but I do know that it embeds the artwork in the metadata of the file. You can verify it thanks to Poweramp's extension to the Properties window.

Comment

Working...

]]>