title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

MP3 to M4A Conversion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeep99899
    • Sep 2007

MP3 to M4A Conversion

When I convert (still using the trial version) I am only getting about 3 minutes of converted audio. Is this with the trial version or another issue? I am able to rename the 3 min converted file to M4B and I can play as an audio book in itunes.
  • jeep99899
    • Sep 2007

Re: MP3 to M4A Conversion

Figured it out.

Comment

• msandersen
      • Sep 2007

Always handy to post your solution for other forum users. Unless they are long-distance mind readers of course.

Comment

• lucky
        Banned
        • Nov 2004

hi,
        I have a similar/related issue:
        When converting from mp3 to m4a, the quality is really crap when trying to play m4a on itunes. On winamp it is fine, but itunes is not handling part of the file?

Im using the nero plugin.

Tried ripping 224kbs mp3 to 48kbs for my nokia phone; the quality is acceptable on the phone speakers and winamp on my 5.1 logitechs.
        Even 96kbs on m4a sounds weird on itunes (muffled badly) but on winamp sounds much better.

any ideas? trying to save some space on my ipod

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

iTunes does not play the HE part of AAC, so only half the quality is there. iTunes will be fine for AAC 128 kbps and above.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>