title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converting chops off

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShadowC

Converting chops off

Hi -- converting files seems to chop-off the tail-end of files -- at varying lengths -- nothing predictable. What causes that and what can I do to avoid it? Thanks! : )
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Converting what to what?

If you have the Power Pack installed, make sure you have no DSP effects running.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ShadowC

WMA to WMA

From WMFSDK Version 8.20.00.5055 to 9.00.00.2926. Utilizing the same kbits and Hz. The process is necessary to make the file available to a larger streaming audience (yah -- I know it sounds strange -- but it's true). The edit programs I utilize still save in WMA8 -- which is why I need the conversion to the WMA9 codecs. One file in particular is giving me fits. It's 2:00:45 in length, and is converts to anywhere from 1:58:00 down to 1:34:00 and change. Been a frustrating adventure. I've noticed that 32k files will occasionally do the same thing when converting down to the 8.5kbit and 8000Hz Acelp.net format. Ideas?

Spoon -- your comments are truly appreciated. : )

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

So it is definately the end that is missing (you have listened to the conversion?), rather than little bits missing through out.

Try converting it to wave - it will tell you a length and me if going from or too wma is loosing that bit.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>