title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

mp3: variable bitrate seems not to work like ogg

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paulus
    • Dec 2002

mp3: variable bitrate seems not to work like ogg

When I convert my cds to mp3 format with variable bitrate, Winamp seems to playback them at a constant bitrate (192). is that true? Is it better to use an average or constant bitrate instead (for mp3 format)?
  • paulus
    • Dec 2002

converting ogg vbr into mp3 vbr

me again: when i convert ogg vbr files into mp3 vbr files then winamp also shows a changing bitrate. is it sorrect, first to convert to ogg and afterwards to mp3 to get a mp3 vbr?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

I think your settings for mp3 in the CD Input program are not set to VBR - click the little arrow next to 'Rip' >> Compression Settings

If it is VBR then check on the advanced page, there might be a preset selected that overwrites the vbr setting.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Re: converting ogg vbr into mp3 vbr

Originally posted by paulus
        me again: when i convert ogg vbr files into mp3 vbr files then winamp also shows a changing bitrate. is it sorrect, first to convert to ogg and afterwards to mp3 to get a mp3 vbr?
        Dont convert your 'oggs' to mp3's transcoding only deteriorates sound quality,yet again I say despite the fact that this program allows you to do it,I would not advise it (and not just me) Be aware that Ogg Vorbis is VBR as starndard,its always that way.

Comment

Working...

]]>