title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Exception Processing Message

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pygsky
    • Aug 2007

Exception Processing Message

I am having a the same problem as a number of other posters, but none of the recommended solutions have proven effective. Was using free version, but when I upgraded to the registered version, I get the Exception error. I tried to install Beta 12.3, I uninstalled everything, cleaned out my registry and reinstalled. I redownloaded the registered version just in case I had download errors. All to no avail. I really want to support this program, but geez, the pain involved makes it hard to stay with that decision (not to mention the download site trying to charge a download fee WTF???). HELP!
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Exception Processing Message

When do you get this message? What version of Windows are you using? What formats are you converting to and from? What are the specs for the input files and the conversion settings for the output files?

Comment

• Pygsky
      • Aug 2007

Running XP Pro SP2. Ripping CDs to FLAC. Have 2 CDRW/DVDRW drives (Plextor and Lite-On), both of which worked with the free version. This happens when I click the Rip button. Unlike others with similar problems, I have not been able to get passed this no matter how many times I click on continue. Have to end task and then click X radio button on error message (Titled Windows - No Disk) before it will close. Hope that answers everything.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Try going into the Options and changing the "Communication" setting under the "CD ROM" section to "Windows Internal". Are your CD drives IDE or SATA?

Comment

• Pygsky
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by LtData
          Try going into the Options and changing the "Communication" setting under the "CD ROM" section to "Windows Internal". Are your CD drives IDE or SATA?
          Ok, feeling dumb right now, but I can't find a communications setting under options. The only choices I have are Encoder Priority and After Ripping - this is in CD Ripper. The only other button with a pulldown is Meta. One drive is IDE, one is SATA, neither works.

Comment

• xoas
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2002

Click on the Options button itself (not the tiny black arrow beside it) and scanning the menu towards the bottom (the last section is CD ROM, look for the line that reads Communication, click on this to access the menu for changing the setting).

Best wishes,
            Bill

Comment

• Pygsky2
              • Aug 2007

This is still the same Pygsky, but my password is not working and my attempts to get email help have not worked all week, so I created a new profile. Anyway, have made all the recommended changes (thanks for your patience on the Options Button thing), but still no joy. Not sure what to do next.

Any idea how to get access to my old profile?

Comment

• hagak
                • Sep 2007

I recently started getting this same error message. I can hit cancel or continue and dMC starts up and runs fine otherwise.

Running XP SP2

Comment

• hagak
                  • Sep 2007

interesting, I rebooted the machine and the problem went away.

Comment

Working...

]]>