title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dMC Aux Input and Real Audio files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

dMC Aux Input and Real Audio files

Hi. I have installed dMC Aux Input on a machine with a C-Media sound card, and I can get a Real Audio file to stream through it to be recorded on disk.

Howdver, the machine is only 200Mhz (Win2K) and there are problems with the streaming and writing - not enough power, perhaps?

So, I installed on a 2nd hand Dell machine 300Mhz with a soundblaster AWE64 (Win2K). But the dMC Aux Input doesn't accept the streaming sound, or at least, it cannot find it. I can record from the Line in no problem, but when I choose 'Options' > 'Input Source' > 'Select' I only see "Midi, CD, Line-in and Mic" level controls. These ar ethe only ones the AWE driver offers (it is running the SB16 mode drivers from Microsoft).

What input channel should I have to record streaming audo (yes, I have installed the RA codec from your site).

Many thanks

Peter
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Look under options >> properties for the volume control/input selection, you should be able to switch others on as well.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Spoon

Thanks for your reply.

I have 2 machines, as I said. One of them, with the C-Media card, allows me the options of Aux, Line and Wave input (along with Mike and CD). This allows me to select WAVE and the level records fine. However, the power of the machine is so low that it does not record at any decent quality.

The other machine has a card which only offers me Midi, CD, Line-in and Microphone. I cannot find any further input options under any preference settings.

So, it appears the dMC will not work on RA files unless there is an AUX or WAVE fader in the recording section? Is this the case?

Thanks

Peter

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Sounds about right.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>