title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Changing album art pre-rip

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anleva
    • Jul 2007

Changing album art pre-rip

Is there a way to change the album art file pre-rip to replace the one suggested by the ripping program? Occasionally it will pull art from AMG that I don't want to use and want to use a different file. Is there a way to change this pre-rip rather than updating post rip with the ID tag update utility?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Changing album art pre-rip

Unfortunately, there is no way to change the album art. However, I have found a bit of a work-around until one is made. Go into your ID Tag Options and disabled the "Album Art" tag and the saving as the folder art as folder.jpg. Then, get the album art you want to use, put it in the destination folder, and use the "ID Tag Processing" DSP effect, go to the Manipulation Tab, and check "Import album art from folder.jpg". Now you will get your desired album art as tags in your files.

I have also noticed that if AMG pulls down the wrong meta-data and you instead manually select FreeDB, the AMG-retrieved album art is still used for that album.

Comment

• anleva
      • Jul 2007

Re: Changing album art pre-rip

Thanks LTData. It's not ideal as it is a two-step instead of a one-step process, however you do end up with the desired album art. Thanks.

Comment

Working...

]]>