title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

[Length] tag in R12.2different than previous versions – how do I get original format?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wmoonshine
    • Aug 2003

[Length] tag in R12.2different than previous versions – how do I get original format?

I have thousands of audio files all of which were created and named with previous versions of dBpoweramp CD Ripper and ALL filenames end with a duration time stamp in the format (hh.mm.ss). A typical CD Ripper filenaming command would have been:

[artist] – [title] ([year]) ([Length])

and an example result in previous versions would have been (ignoring the double quotes):
    "Hans Zimmer – One Day (2007) (4.01).ape"

Now in R12.2 Ref, the [Length] tag has been changed to output in milliseconds so the above filename becomes:
    "Hans Zimmer – One Day (2007) (241560).ape"

Now to the average person, 241560 ms is a meaningless number, since most of us don’t think in milliseconds.

I noticed a previous person, Tod Zimmerman, complained about this problem in a thread posted 2007-03-08.

This change has essentially left me “high and dry”. I have CD’s I need to rip and the new filenames must remain consistent with older ones.

I am left with two options: a) don’t rip any CD’s until you correct this oversight, or b) uninstall the R12.2 reference version which I paid for and reinstall my previous version. Option A is not a viable option at this point in time – my work must progress!

In the future, if you wish to change the function or output of a tag, create a new one with a similar name, such as [Lengthms]. Don’t assume no one is depending on the tag’s functionality.
    Last edited by wmoonshine; 07-05-2007, 11:01 AM. Reason: Error in title
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: [Length] tag in R12.2different than previous versions – how do I get original format?

The naming between r11.5 and r12 is only part compatible, r12 offers so much more. We have fixed this issue in r12.3, soon to beta.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• wmoonshine
      • Aug 2003

Re: [Length] tag in R12.2different than previous versions – how do I get original format?

Thank you for your attention to this issue. I will be waiting for r12.3 beta. In the meantime, I will enter the playing times manually into the filenames.
      Last edited by wmoonshine; 07-06-2007, 08:04 PM. Reason: Expanded comment.

Comment

Working...

]]>