title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Missing icons -- where for art thouse?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pain_Man
    • Jun 2007

Missing icons -- where for art thouse?

This is my first post on this forum, so pls bear with me this is the 15,651st time this has been asked. I scan'd the relevant sections but found no thread whose title led me to believe it might hold my answer.*

dB Product: DMC Reference r12.1

PCs:

Gateway Fx530G

Toshiba Satellite A205-S4607 laptop (my third one, first was a 1994 33MHz 486DX with a 200MB hdd--!--and a B/W screen).

Problem

I have this itch--ok, bad joke.

Seriously:

I have dMC installed on my XP MCE desktop (Gateway FX530G) and my
    Vista Home Premium
    Toshiba Satellite laptop (A06 yadda yadda, it's the longest model # I've ever seen).

On the Vista Laptop, with the Cd Ripper, the icons in the codec field are present. In other words, when I click on the pull-down menu for the pop ups, all the icons look as they do on the dBA website.

With my XP MCE machine, the icons are gone--with the exception of "BwfMp2" and "Mp2".

Instead there is the usual Windows generic icon.

The primary difference between the installs is:

On my XP Desktop I originally had the FREE version of DMC (r11.5) installed, then upgraded to r12 of the FREE version. THEN, I bought the Reference version, which, by then, was r12.1 and installed it over the previous free version r12.

With my Vista Laptop (I HATE VISTA! I HATE VISTA! I HATE VISTA! :vmad: Sorry, have to get that out of my system periodically), I installed Reference r.12.1 "clean" and the icons appear exactly as they do on the various dbpoweramp.com webpages.

Any (and all) suggestion on how to fix this (hopefully w/o having to reinstall the prog) are welcome.

*I also should note that I suffer from (mild) dyslexia, so pls excuse me if my typing looks rather like the writing of a drunken Babylonian (great thing about Babylonians: they're all dead, so you can talk all the s*it you want...). I literally cannot see errors that may be perfectly obvious to you, even after multiple proofings.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Missing icons -- where for art thouse?

I have seen this before and I think the problem was the association of the .ico files. Go to the dBpoweramp installation directory to the encoder folder and see what the .ico files are associated with. I believe you have to associate the files with the "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer" for them to show up in the converter window.

Comment

• Pain_Man
      • Jun 2007

Thanks.

(It was difficult, but I resisted all the Lore and B4 jokes....)

Originally posted by LtData
      I have seen this before and I think the problem was the association of the .ico files. Go to the dBpoweramp installation directory to the encoder folder and see what the .ico files are associated with. I believe you have to associate the files with the "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer" for them to show up in the converter window.

Comment

• Demodave
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by LtData
        I just did this...and now all of the icons have switched to "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer's" icon....not the correct audio icon.

Comment

Working...

]]>