title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

12.1 question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Java
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jul 2005

Re: 12.1 question

I'm back LtData. I did some deletions and and installations. I am no adept at copying to paint board etc and then pasteing some where else.

I checked the dmc config and under the codec tab Direct Show decoder(read) the following shows {flac, oga,ogv, ra,ram,rmvb and spx} one thing I noticed is that the box preceding the above list has nothing in it. I see that all the other items listed has 12.1 release above the lettering.

I have to assume then that direct show is not operational. I have tried to delete and reinstall direct show but I will get a msg that it is already installed and I need to reinstall. Keep trying but nother works there, hope you might have some info that will help..

Thanks

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

So the DirectShow Decoder does show up with ".ra .ram" and the like on it? Then it sounds like both the RealMedia splitter and the dMC DirectShow Decoder are installed properly. However, if WMP cannot play your ram file, then dMC will not be able to decode it.

Comment

• Java
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jul 2005

wmp does not play the ram files and I tried again to convert and still get the msg. "Direct Show filter for ram is not installed". I notice in the dmc congfig. that the box in from the the codec file does not have any kind of a check mark in it while the other boxes some kind of mark in it like a cleft note. Also the other decorders in that box has " Release 12.1" above the other letters pertaining to the decoder. This leads me to believe that the direct show is not installed properly and I don't know how to get it there.

I tried to install the Direct Show from the illustrate codec instructions but I keep getting a msg that it is already installed.

I also found that in all the ra's that are listed there one was missing it was "rpm" I found that after looking at the directshow config. on my old cp.

Thanks

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

Try adding ".ram" to the config file. However, as I stated above, if WMP will not play the file, dMC cannot convert it.

Comment

• petriburg
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Apr 2002

This may be irrelevant, but I'll continue anyway. I seem to recall having similar problems with downloaded codecs not showing up in dMC configuration. In my case, I had downloaded the codecs, and installed them into the correct "Illustrate" folder. But in my (early days with dMC) innocence, I had overlooked the fact that most, if not all, codecs download as .exe files., and they needed to be double clicked once installed in the Illustrate folder before they were activated. Is it possible that this might be Java's problem?

Comment

• Java
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Jul 2005

Well LtData, I guess my quest is finally over. I cannot get real files to play in wmp. I have looked thru as much of wmp files as possible and I cannot find the codec that is apparently missing..

If response to your thought of adding ram to the config. I cannot find away to do it. The only item that shows up is in the codec which shows ram and if it did't I don't see away to put it in. I will mention that at one point during all my uninstalls and reinstalls, the direct show filter showed up and I could and did make sure that all rams were there.

The one thing that might work and thought I would ask you if you would know, I had it was eith 9.1 or 10 wmp on my old cp, which I had no problem converting. I have thought about uninstalling wmp 11 which is on my current cp and I found a site I could download one of the two.

The older auxilary file which you could test volume etc, I think was a great tool, to bad that it does not work.

The thing that bothers me about converting with the new 12.1 is, when I tried to convert this I don't understand "direct show filters for ram file types is not installed or audio file is corrupt [dDecoder::Open]".

At any rate I have really enjoyed being a part of Illustrate and while I am not able to use the converter, I will still check back from time to time, perhaps a way will be found for me, I have wondered if any other forum board members have had this type of problem.

Thanks

Comment

• LtData
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2004

Do you have other real files that have converted in the past? Will they play in WMP and convert in dMC?

As for WMP playing the Real files, the files aren't really part of WMP but Windows, as the "RealMedia Splitter" is basically a DirectShow codec that enables decoding of real files to DirectShow-aware programs.

Comment

• Java
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Jul 2005

I have some real files I converted to wave on my old cp, I many try to copy them and see if they play on this cp.

Also, I came across something this evening that mentioned to install 11.5, tried to install it but after a period of time it gave a msg that the installtion might be corrupt and recomended that it not be installed. I know that with all the security settings I have that might be the reason. Wondered if you know what the problem might be.

Thanks

Comment

Working...

]]>