title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

12.1 question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Java
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jul 2005

12.1 question

Wasn't able to use the 11.5 since I have purchased a dell vista basic cp.

I downloaded the new 12.1 out of curosity and I see that there are many changes there. I basically used the converter to convert ram files to wave, not into mp3 or lame.

I do not see a converter like the one I used in 11.5 where I could click on auxillary and do my work from there. I have checked all files that downloaded on 12.1 and I cannot find the any item that I could use to convert to wave.

I know that you all know that on the 11.5 you got the options box, where to send the music to etc.

In the files downloaded for 12.1 where do I find the auxillary input if it is available.

Thanks in advance
  • Java
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jul 2005

Re: 12.1 question

While I played a song and saved it to my hd it was real audio I clicked on the file it gave me a drop down box that had " to convert" when I clicked on it showed me the dbpower amp converter when I clicked on convert it gave me an erro msg. "Error unable to load decoder for tile type ram codec not installed.

I remember on the older version I had to have an Ac3 filter, directshow, also there was an area tht I had to type in ra, and other letteres rvb etc.

Can you tell me in that converter box there is "uncompressed , compressed settings, wave-mp3-settings and channels". Not sure what should show there.

Appreciate any help

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

To clarify Java's point about using r11.5 on Vista, I believe that his problem is that he cannot get Aux Input to work in Vista.

Auxiliary Input has still not been ported to r12 or r12.1 or r12.2, Java.

Did you install the DirectShow Decoder, currently in beta in the beta section of this forum?

Comment

• Java
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jul 2005

Hello, Lt.Data, no I did not download, no I didn't d/l the DirectShow Decoder but plan to this evening, also wondered about the ac3 filter is that a part of the DirectShow?

Also, I remember from the 11.5 I need to go to a file and type in the ra's etc to convert ram files.

Should I lay back until the auxilary unit is ported to 12.1

Thanks again Lt.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

ac3 is a seperate filter.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

You can use both r12 and r11.5 at the same time, as described here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/legacy-compatibility.htm

Comment

• Java
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Jul 2005

Lt.Data, I d/l the directshow decorder from the beta site. It did install but when I tried to convert I got this msg. "DIRECT SHOW FILTER FOR RAM FILES NOT INSTALLED OR AUDIO FILE IS CORRUPT".

I wonder if I did not install the right one?

Comment

• LtData
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2004

If you got the beta version into r12, did you also install Real Alternative? Did you make sure in dBpoweramp Configuration that .ra, .ram, etc. showed up under the DirectShow Decoder.

Comment

• Java
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Jul 2005

Yes, I just checked dbpoweramp config. it shows all the ra's and other names the ra, ram etc are all in very light letters so I have to assume that is correct and I had real alternative installed previously. It shows that the version is 12.1, is that correct.

Should I do an uninstall and then reinstall?

Thanks!

Comment

• LtData
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • May 2004

How big is your .ram file? If it is only a few KB, it is a meta-file. See here for how to get the real file if it is: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=4992

Comment

• Java
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • Jul 2005

Don't know the sze of the file I tried to convert only that it was a ram file and I coverted the song on my older cp with 11.5.

Also I uninstalled all the directshow decorder that I could find and when I tried to reinstall from the beta section I got this msg: ERROR DbPowerAmp\dbcconfig.exe". and of course it did not load. I am not sure what I am looking for.

Thanks

Comment

• LtData
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • May 2004

Did you install the DirectShow Decoder into the directory with r12? That error normally means you installed a r12-compatible codec into dMC r11.5.

Comment

• Java
                          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                          • Jul 2005

I delete 11.5 a few days ago before I d/l `12.1. When I d/l directshow I put it in a file by it self. Should I put in with my converter files I am thinking that way in reply to your question where I put it.

I have uninstalled all my files and reinstalled dbpoweramp. I have not re-installed direct show, will wait until you reply.

I have real alternative installed and also ac3 filter. I have looked and cannot find any file tht shows ra ram etc installed. Not sure where I should look for it under the new files.

Out of curosity I tried again to convert a real audio file to wave and got this msg: "unable to load decorder for file type "ram" codec not installed [dbcoreconverter::core converter]. I did note that it said to go to codec central and I saw some items there by Spoon.

Under there was a page when I type in the ra's ram" so I am a little confused. When I load directshow will these extensions be included.

Thanks LtData

Comment

• LtData
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • May 2004

Yes, you should always install codecs to the dMC directory.

An easy way to check to see if you have the DirectShow decoder for ram installed in your system is to see if the .ram files will play in Real Alternative and then if they play in Windows Media Player. If they will not play in WMP, then the DirectShow decoder is not installed correctly. Note that I am referring to the "RealMedia Splitter" direct show decoder that Real Alternative installs, not the dMC decoder.

Comment

• Java
                              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                              • Jul 2005

Hello, well I have uninstalled real alternative then re-installed, I uninstalled 12.1 and re-installed, I tried to install directshow again, and it will not let me tells me I already have direct show installed, yet when I tried to convert a real audio file got this msg again: :Direct show filter for Ram file types is no installed or an audio file is corrupt". So, am at a loss at this time.

Thanks

Comment

Working...

]]>