title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Sound quality issues

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KliKKlaK
    • Nov 2002

Sound quality issues

I'm have problums with using the normalize feature.When I set up a group of fies to normalize everthing seems to work fine,but when I listen to the files there are clicks on pops that were not in the original files.They seem to be most noticable at peak notes.Could this be clipping?How can I make this stop?:headbang:
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Do you have the Power Pack installed?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• KliKKlaK
      • Nov 2002

I did

When installed the powerpack demo and thats when my trouble started,so I uninstalled it.Should I reinstall it?
      Last edited by KliKKlaK; 11-19-2002, 08:18 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Yes, reinstall it - then for volume normalize just select the top default simple normalize option. Then uninstall it.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• KliKKlaK
          • Nov 2002

well thanx anyway

The problem seems to be with either my sound card or my OS.The problem does not effect cd audio but any audio file on my harddrive ha static and pops and clicks,they didnt last week.:vmad:

Comment

• KliKKlaK
            • Nov 2002

:happy: Well I had a wild idea that maybe running a full scandisk to check for errors and bad sectors would be a good idea.:happy:It found 3 files in bad clusters,I;m assuming they had something to do with Wave/mp3 playback because all is fine now.

Thanx for your help and time. :supersmil

Comment

• KliKKlaK
              • Nov 2002

very frustrated

I had fixed all problems thanx to spoons advice and my own ideas,All was fine,but all of a sudden my files still have static and poping noises in them after I use simple or any other normalization options.This time I used a clean install of DMC without the power pack,why wont this program work for me!!!!!!!!!! :headbang: :vmad: :thumbdown
              Last edited by KliKKlaK; 11-21-2002, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

I cannot guess what is happenning, it is probabbly best not to use the normalize if it is not working for you.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• KliKKlaK
                  • Nov 2002

ok

thats the only reason i got the &%$# thing in the first place,but it works now so yeah and thanx for your help.I used a registry editor to clean up a bunch of crap from old installs from many different audio programs.so far so good,my entire funky breaks collection is now normalized!:happy: :supersmil :D :smile2:in case you havent noticed I'm moody:shocked:

Comment

• Unregistered

What we need to remember is that its very difficult for spoon to diagnose faults because everyones setup is different,any number of factors could cause problems so it very tricky,spoon does a good job though.

Comment

• KliKKlaK
                      • Nov 2002

I understand that,and I in no way meant t disrespect Spoon.

Comment

• Unregistered

Calm down, Calm down

Comment

Working...

]]>