title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

I want to create an archive of my CD's and make sure they can be reconstructed...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • svenoaks
    • Apr 2007

I want to create an archive of my CD's and make sure they can be reconstructed...

at CD quality (easy..FLAC) and with no gaps or anything different then the original CD. Seems dbpoweramp ripper only can rip seperate tracks and not the whole disk. Will these be able to be reconstructed exactly as the original CD was with no audible gap or 'jump' between tracks?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: I want to create an archive of my CD's and make sure they can be reconstructed...

If you burn the tracks with a burner that does not insert a pause between tracks, it will be almost exactly like the original. The only differences would be on CDs where a track has a "negative" play time or a hidden track before the first track.

The best way I have heard to get exact copies of a CD is to use EAC to make a cue sheet and rip the entire CD to one large WAV.

Comment

• TrappyWappy
      • Jun 2006

Re: I want to create an archive of my CD's and make sure they can be reconstructed...

how could one rip a track that starts before track 1?

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

I believe that you can use EAC to do this, though I am unaware of exactly how this is done.

Comment

• petriburg
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Apr 2002

An in-depth description of the various functions of EAC can be found at Hydrogenaudio.org and entering EAC in the search box. The designer, Andre Wietlof used to have his own web page on the subject, but I'm not sure if this applies these days - there may be more to be found about this on hydrogenaudio.

Comment

Working...

]]>