title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

[PROBLEM] Converting WAV or MP3 to M4a Nero (AAC)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • abhay
    • May 2007

Re: [PROBLEM] Converting WAV or MP3 to M4a Nero (AAC)

Using that command the nero encoder converted the file successfully so it means that the exe is fine? I tried removing single quote from Aerosmith file but it didn't change anything. Same problem exists :|

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

That means the exe is fine, yes.
      If you use dMC to encode the WAV file in the "conversion" folder, does it convert then?

Comment

• abhay
        • May 2007

Originally posted by LtData
        That means the exe is fine, yes.
        If you use dMC to encode the WAV file in the "conversion" folder, does it convert then?
        No it doesn't convert the wav file either. Is there any dbpoweramp cleaner sort of thing available using which I can remove all the settings/registry entries and start from scratch. I have k-lite codec pack installed. Can that cause some problems?

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

No, I also have the K-Lite codec pack installed and I can convert just fine.

To start from scratch, follow the instructions here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6828

Comment

• abhay
            • May 2007

Well I tried from scratch and it still didn't work. Looks like m4a doesn't like me :(

I have decided to use lower bitrate ogg format. I have heard that is a good format as well.

Comment

• WallyWalters
              • Oct 2002

Was the solution to this problem ever posted, here or anywhere else? I too have the problem of zero-byte m4a files output from dBpoweramp, though NeroAACEnc works fine from the command line.

Comment

• WallyWalters
                • Oct 2002

Solved it. It happens if there are spaces in the file name and the Encoders.txt file doesn't have quotation marks around [infile].

Comment

Working...

]]>