title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dMC Aux Input listens to files?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barak
    • Jun 2002

dMC Aux Input listens to files?

Hello,

Sometimes when I use the Aux Input, it doesn't chop the audio up properly. My solution is to load the entire album (as a single big file) into something like Cool Edit, and do an "insert silence" between each song. That way, Aux Input is sure to get it right.

The only way I can make this work is I set the audio recording select to "stereo mix". Then I push record in Aux Input and play in Cool Edit. The computer is essentially listening to itself. The problem is that I have to leave the computer alone, because if I generate a sound in any other program, Aux Input will hear it.

Is there a way to get Aux Input to "listen" to a file instead of one of the audio channels on the sound card?

-B
  • MODatic
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2002

Yes it is possible. In Aux. Input, hit the options button, beside input source there is "select", hit it. Once done, the recording control will appear. Find Wave/MP3 and select it via the select checkbox.

Comment

• Barak
      • Jun 2002

MODatic,

My recording control only lists the audio channels on my sound card, like "Line In", "Mic", etc. There isn't a place for me to specify a file name for Aux Input to listen to.

I'm using Aux Input v.3 and WinXP. Mayve you have a newer version?

-Ben

Comment

• MODatic
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Apr 2002

My recording control only lists the audio channels on my sound card, like "Line In", "Mic", etc. There isn't a place for me to specify a file name for Aux Input to listen to.
        When you're in there, hit Options>>Properties and tick the checkbox beside Wave/MP3 so it's volume control (and select checkbox) is shown. Picture of properties dialogue below:

I'm running dMC R10 Beta 2 & Aux. Input Release 3 on Win XP Pro SP1, so what we should see should be pretty much the same.

Comment

• Barak
          • Jun 2002

MODatic,

My sound card does not offer that feature in its driver, unfortunately:

Maybe it will be added as a feature someday. <Sigh>

-Ben

Comment

Working...

]]>