title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Still having connection problems

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Still having connection problems

I posted this two days ago. I've since downloaded CD Xtractor as a test and it doesn't want to connect to freedb either. Could this be a WinXP problem or something to do with my ISP? DBpoweramp is an awesome converter by the way. Top marks.

"I can't connect to Freedb - it comes up with the "...check internet connection message".
    When I press the select button in the Options window the screen comes up blank (ie no servers) and I've tried putting in different servers manually but still no good.
    I don't use Zone Alarm, I don't have a proxy connection, and I'm definitely connected to the net. I've tried all the suggestions from previous forum entries re: this problem and nothing works."
  • MODatic
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2002

I think I know what's doing it. Open up the network connections page and find the appropriate adapter that is responsible for your internet access and right click on it, hit the advanced tab and make sure that the checkbox beside the internet connection firewall is unchecked. Hopefully that should fix your problem.

Comment

Working...

]]>