title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

A question about [IFCOMP]

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Balok
    • Mar 2007

A question about [IFCOMP]

Hi. I just found dBpoweramp and I'm pretty happy so far. It makes the process of file conversion about effortless. I'm using R12

My question is about the [IFCOMP]String[] conditional. I'm trying to keep compilations discs together, so I created this file path for FLAC output:

[IFCOMP]Compilation\[][IF!COMP][artist]\[][album]\[IFMULTI][disc]-[][track] [title]

The idea is to ape what iTunes does, collecting compilations under a single directory. I'm using the new multi-encoder and have selected two codes, AAC and FLAC, as my outputs. Both use this string, with different entries in the Folder. The Compilation checkbox at the top of the ripper is checked. Yet the files end up as if the [IF!COMP]...[] part was selected, and not the [IFCOMP]..[] part as I expect.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Balok; 03-26-2007, 06:52 PM.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: A question about [IFCOMP]

The stuff after the [IFCOMP] is supposed to be entire path, so you would need something like:
    Code:
    [IFCOMP]Compilation\[artist]\[][album]\[IFMULTI][disc]-[][track] [title][][IF!COMP][artist]\[][album]\[IFMULTI][disc]-[][track] [title]
    Does this work correctly?

Comment

• Balok
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by LtData
      The stuff after the [IFCOMP] is supposed to be entire path, so you would need something like:
      Code:
      [IFCOMP]Compilation\[artist]\[][album]\[IFMULTI][disc]-[][track] [title][][IF!COMP][artist]\[][album]\[IFMULTI][disc]-[][track] [title]
      Does this work correctly?
      I picked that up and pasted it exactly (rather than risk a typing error). I get the same behavior. The part inside [IF!COMP] is what gets used to make the path.

Note that when I pasted this into the dialog that appears when one clicks Set to the right of the Dynamic path box, the sample path looked a little strange, like there was an extra [] in there. But I left it exactly as you'd typed it, in case there was a syntactic rule I missed.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

You are trying to do this on a conversion? I don't know if this works on a conversion and if it does work, I am unsure how.

However, I think I made a typo. Try this instead:
        Code:
        [IFCOMP]Compilation\[album]\[IFMULTI][disc]-[][track] [title][][IF!COMP][artist]\[album]\[IFMULTI][disc]-[][track] [title][]
        Try using the List/Rename button beside the codec selection list to see the outcome of the conversion before you convert to make sure everything is working properly

Comment

• Balok
          • Mar 2007

No, I was ripping from a disc - sorry for the confusion. The new version doesn't seem to work, either. I tried unchecking the 'Compilation' box to see if the sense was reversed or something. It works the same whether the box is checked or not. Instead of files appearing in:

...\Compilations\[album]\[title]

they continue to appear in

...\[artist]\[album]\[title]

I'm baffled. Could [IFCOMP] be broken?

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

No, it worked just fine for me. Hmm, I'll investigate this more and post back.

Edit: I tried copy and pasting my line into my CD Grab and it worked just fine. Make sure you copy everything, even the empty braces (the []) and it should work.

Comment

• Balok
              • Mar 2007

It still doesn't work for me - I very carefully cut and pasted your exact line into the settings for each of the codecs.

Oh, well, thanks for looking into it.

I may possibly have a bad install: editing ID tags (for .flac files) when invoked from the context menu seems to crash Explorer every so often, too. I had to turn that feature off.

Comment

• LtData
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2004

Editing tags from explorer causing crashes is a known bug. It is fixed in the new r12.1 beta. However, only a PowerPack version is available right now, a Reference version should come out with the next version of the beta

Comment

• Balok
                  • Mar 2007

I tried this using the converter (available from the Windows Explorer context menu). Using a different tool, I marked the source files as members of a compilation. The converter correctly detected this, and placed the files in the proper destination directory.

I wonder, now, if the check box in the ripper isn't an instruction to the ripper to mark the output files as part of a compilation, and not something that can be relied upon to select the output destination. That seems to be how it works for me, anyway...

Comment

• LtData
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • May 2004

It seems that you have to tell the CD Ripper to mark the ripped files as a Compilation or not, at least for me I did.

Comment

• Balok
                      • Mar 2007

It seems that you have to tell the CD Ripper to mark the ripped files as a Compilation or not, at least for me I did.
                      Is this done by checking the box at the top of the window? Or must something else be done. That box was checked after the Ripper went out and found information about the disc in question.

Comment

• LtData
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • May 2004

I mean the box in the Options under "ID Tag Options" for "Compilation Flag".

Comment

• Balok
                          • Mar 2007

I mean the box in the Options under "ID Tag Options" for "Compilation Flag".
                          That solved the problem! Thanks for taking the time to look into it for me. I certainly appreciate the help.

Comment

Working...

]]>