title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Display Information Log

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbpower44100
    • Nov 2006

Display Information Log

is that working yet ?
    I had the following problems recently.
    encoded some FLAC to mp3 .... result was a 0byte file with no error.
    I then forced r12 to produce an error by garbling the input. Worked ok, an errorbox popped up telling me something was wrong.

So I tried to track the one which worked without throwing an error and switched on 'display information log'. But conversation ends and nothing gets displayed at all.

I tried with various plugins from the 'beta' powerpack.
    replaygain, trim silence, normalize ... to see if any of these do produce output such as 'trimmed n frames' or 'normalized by -x dB' or such like.
    Nothing again.

Thus the question. What should happen when having switched that on ?
    Or is the log somewhere hidden amongth my other 10000000 file on the machine ? If so, any hint where to locate it ?

thanks in advance
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Display Information Log

If you are using the PowerPack or free, try the new r12.1 beta here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...ewpost&t=12538

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Those log files are not written to disk, the are shown automatically if something is there to be shown.

Try converting to Wave, what size is it?
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dbpower44100
        • Nov 2006

Did so ... wanted to get it converted ;-)
        Wav size was quite ok, and it played ok.
        What worried me most, dbpoweramp also ended up with a 0byte file when enconding mp3 from the wav .. but commandline lame with only a -V 0 switch converted it without any problem.

I didn't keep the original file but if I stumble across such a thing again I could send it if you fancy.

Display log ... if something has to be shown ?
        If I use trim silence ... I think it should show me if it trimmed and if it really how much. If I use normalise I also thought it'd tell me if it did do so and how much. And r12.1 didn't show anything differnt ... means nothing displayed as in r12. back fiddling with it ... if there's a know to enable it there must be some use of it, otherwise the knob wouldn't be there, right ? ;-)
        Last edited by dbpower44100; 03-27-2007, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Check you are not running any DSP effects.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>