title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Icons Displayed In DMC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Icons Displayed In DMC

When you right-click a file and select Convert To, the DMC window opens listing the possible formats. I've looked in the Registry and looked for an INI file, but I can't find where DMC sets what icon to display for the various file types. All my file types are displaying a generic Winamp icon, not a Monkeys Audio or Real Audio, etc. I'd like to change them, if it's possible.
  • MODatic
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2002

dMC displays the icon for what the file type is associated to. Your files are associated to Winamp and thus are associated to its icon. To change the icons without changing the association, first locate the icons for the formats you are after and place them in a safe place. After that, in Explorer, go into Tools>>Folder Options and then click on the file types tab. After that, find the extensions of the formats you want to change and click advanced then click Change Icon. Select the icon you want displayed for that extension then you're done

Comment

• Unregistered

I'm as confused as a baby in a topless bar. My RealAudio files are associated with RealPlayer; double-clicking a .RA file opens it in RealPayer and Explorer displays a RealAudio icon. My .APE files display a Monkey in Explorer.

My RA files used to be associated with WinAmp and I assume this is where DMC picked up the icon. I switched them over to Real Player; Explorer recognized the change but not DMC.

Comment

• MODatic
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Apr 2002

Whenever I change an association it usually takes a restart of Explorer or the system before dMC's convert to menu has its icons updated. Try a restart.

How long ago did you change Real Audio's association?

Comment

• Unregistered

Nope, I changed the associations ages ago, and I've flushed and rebuilt the icon cache, not to mention a few hundred reboots. MP3 (Lame), Monkey's Audio, Real Audio, Wave and WMA are all showing the same icon, regardless of the actual association.

Oh well, no biggy. I thought I'd change them if it was a simple fix, like an .INI or Registry entry, but I can live with it the way it is. Thanx anyway.

Comment

Working...

]]>