title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ape Codec V12 issue

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Agrajag
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • May 2005

Ape Codec V12 issue

Howdy all. I removed all references to V11.5 for now figuring I'll just try to grow with V12 and see how it goes.

I also own MediaMonkey and use it for a lot of management chores.

My music collection is entirely in APE format and was moved to that from WMA 9 Lossless using V11.5.

MediaMonkey read all these files and had no problems. I then noticed that a single song, "a-ha - Take on Me" had some errors in it so I decided to re-rip it with V12. I did that and now MediaMonkey can't work with it properly. It sees none of the tags that are there. If I convert it to FLAC then there's no issue.

My question is, what changed between 11.5 and 12 with the APE codec that might cause problems with other tools? I have other tools also not seeing the tags in that file properly too.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Ape Codec V12 issue

We write album art to the ape v2 tag, media monkey might not be able to handle album art, try disabling it.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Agrajag
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • May 2005

Where is that option disabled so that it doesn't do it initially?

I also tried converting the file to FLAC and then back to APE thinking that would undo it but it seems to have gone around me to go get that art. <grin>

Now when I just tried to do this to verify the above comment I get this:

Error converting to Monkeys Audio, 'F:\Music\a-ha\Hunting High and Low\a-ha - Take on Me.flac' to 'F:\Music\a-ha\Hunting High and Low\a-ha - Take on Me.ape'
      md5 did not match decoded data, file is corrupt.
      Last edited by Agrajag; 03-17-2007, 11:10 PM.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

The art is not retrieved for files missing the data. Album art is only added to files either manually via the "Edit Tag" tab or when ripping a CD and using AMG as the meta-data source.

Right-click on the APE file, click "Edit Tag". Scroll down to where it says "Album Art" and click "Remove" then click OK. Try to convert to FLAC and see if media monkey will play it now?

Comment

Working...

]]>