title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: no convert option when right clicking wav file

no convert option when right clicking wav file

Hi, as the subject says, I don't have an option to convert when I right click on a wav file, though I do have that option when clicking on flac files. I am running windows vista but had the same problem on xp. Thanks for your help!

Re: no convert option when right clicking wav file

Other programs are known to interfere with the right-click shell options.

What options, besides the Windows defaults of Open, Cut, Copy, etc., do you see when you right-click on a WAV file?

Quote Originally Posted by LtData
    Other programs are known to interfere with the right-click shell options.

What options, besides the Windows defaults of Open, Cut, Copy, etc., do you see when you right-click on a WAV file?
    Thanks for the quick response! The options listed are:

Play
    Add to Media Player playlist
    Open with...
    Scan with Norton
    Add to archive and three other zip options

The rest of the options are the usual (cut, copy, create shortcut, etc.)

Another thing I just noticed: when I right click and choose DMC via the open with option, I get an error message that says "unknown command line" followed by the file path.

What version of dMC are you using? Version numbers are in dMC/dBpoweramp Configuration (Start --> Programs --> dBpoweramp Music Converter --> Configuration --> dMC/dBpoweramp Configuration)

What version of dMC are you using? Version numbers are in dMC/dBpoweramp Configuration (Start --> Programs --> dBpoweramp Music Converter --> Configuration --> dMC/dBpoweramp Configuration)
    I'm using the most recent - Version 12. I just downloaded and installed it an hour or so ago.
    Last edited by quartet1977; 03-14-2007 at 09:58 AM.

What program opens when you double-click on a WAV file? Windows Media Player?

As an experiment, try going into dBpoweramp Configuration and click on the last tab. Uncheck the "Convert to" option, reboot, check it back, reboot, and then see if it works.

What program opens when you double-click on a WAV file? Windows Media Player?

As an experiment, try going into dBpoweramp Configuration and click on the last tab. Uncheck the "Convert to" option, reboot, check it back, reboot, and then see if it works.
    yes, WMP is the default program. I'll try your suggestion now.

Regarding Vista, there is a bug being investigates, as mentioned here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=12018

Regarding Vista, there is a bug being investigates, as mentioned here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=12018
    unfortunately, your suggestion didn't help. i unchecked, rebooted, checked, rebooted, and still no convert to. the convert to is present for flac files, though, as it always has been.

Just found out that the batch convert function works for the wav files I wanted to convert, so I have a workaround for my issue while waiting for any possible bugs to be ironed out or other solution to try.