title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

No reading CD-Text any more, why?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • freaky
    • Mar 2007

No reading CD-Text any more, why?

Hi, upgrades are usually a fine thing. It is definitely not fine when upgrades improve the interface but go a step back in functionality! Version 12 does not read CD-Text information, which is disappointing with "self-made" CDs.

Sorry, sorry, sorry - the stupid one (That's me!) has found the cd-text option behind the "META"-button. My fault to expect this particular feature being set as default.

After all, version 12 appears to be working fine with W2K. I'm still pondering what to do about this All Media Guide. Is it worth the money? Tag&Rename prog privides coverArt etc for free.

Take Care
    Greetings.
    Last edited by freaky; 03-04-2007, 04:50 PM. Reason: Found the clue
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: No reading CD-Text any more, why?

CD-Text was not on by default in previois versions, many drives do not support it / or support it badly.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• soundnerd
      • May 2015

Hi.
      Same problem here: I have a bunch of self made recordings on CD-R, where I entered all tracks metadata via CD-Text. On Ripping with dBpoweramp, the CD-Text does not show up. How do I find out, that it´s the CD-drive (LG GP08LU10) who´s not supporting CD-Text, and not dBPowerAmp?
      (CD-Text reading is activated on the Meta-source-List)

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It is difficult to say, you have other drives you can try?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>