title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

weird normalize

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gargamel51
    • Oct 2002

weird normalize

To test the normalizing before I normalized my entire music collection, I converted a copy of "Barbarian Hordes" from the Gladiator movie soundtrack. It came out starting very loud in what in the originial MP3 was a very soft part, and what was the loudest part of original MP3 was softer in the normalized one than the beginning of the normalized one.

(I'm not quite sure how to make that clearer, so sorry if it takes a couple of reads. )

Why does the volume of the normalized songs fluctuate in the middle of playing them and how do I fix that?

Gargamel
  • MODatic
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2002

If you are using the normalisation that comes in stock standard dMC, (non Power Pack) then you are using it wrong. The way it operates is by normalising the songs against each other. So if I selected an entire album and converted it to normalised Ogg Vorbis, then I would get an album of songs that I could play non stop without the need of fiddling with the volume all the time.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Make sure you were not doing an 'Adaptive Normalize' it can be very aggressive on the volume.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>