title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

WMA Conversion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grimmier
    • Nov 2002

WMA Conversion

I have dMC File Selector up and running. When I select an album in my music folder that has WMA files nothing shows up. I would like to convert these files to MP3. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • MODatic
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2002

Is the WMA codec for dMC (available from codec central on this site) installed?

If so, can the WMA files be selected and converted by normal means? (right click>>convert to)

Comment

• grimmier
      • Nov 2002

WMA Conversion

Thanks for getting back to me.
      The answers to your questions are yes and no respectively.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

In file selector, click 'File Types' it will show the WMA types it can convert - .wma, .afx, etc
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• grimmier
          • Nov 2002

Thanks.

File Selector starts the process, after I select the parameters. Then it says Error Whilst Converting... DRM copy protected. But I don't want to copy it, I just want to convert it to mp3. Besides that how was I able to copy it from my original CD?

Comment

• MODatic
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Apr 2002

That means that the WMA file is protected which means it stops people from playing the file on another computer as well as reconverting them to another format (like MP3 in your case). You might have ripped the files with Windows Media Player which has DRM turned on by default. FYI, DRM in Windows Media Player can be turned off by going into and unchecking Tools>>Copy Music>>Protect Content. (for Media Player 8)

Comment

• grimmier
              • Nov 2002

For the 1500 files I have in my music library on my PC, is there anything that can be done to unlock them so I can convert them to MP3 files. Unfortunately I didn't pay as much attention as I should have. Why can't I manipulate the files for my own use? Isn't that some kind of infringement on my rights?

Comment

• MODatic
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Apr 2002

Isn't that some kind of infringement on my rights?
                M$ don't give a damn. Have you read their End User License Agreements lately in Win XP SP1, Win 2000 SP3, Office XP SP2 & Media Player 9? Not very fair :vmad:

Search Google for a program called un****. It works by first decoding the WMA to Wav then re-encoding it back to an unprotected WMA. As with any re-encoding, there is quality loss. If possible, try and re-rip from the CDs. Good luck to you

Comment

• grimmier
                  • Nov 2002

Thanks loads, I'll give it a try and let you know.

Comment

Working...

]]>