title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

R12 Compatibility for dAP

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • petriburg
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2002

R12 Compatibility for dAP

In my haste to try R12ref., I simply uninstalled all references to R11.5, and installed R12 into C:\\Program Files\Illustrate in the "normal" way.
    Up to now, I hadn't noticed any problems with double right clicking an mp3 file from my "music" folder to play it in dAP - every file installed prior to updating to R12 played normally on a double right click.
    Today, I downloaded a Monkeys Audio file, converted it to LAME mp3, but it doesn't respond to the double right click. (Plays OK in WMP). Is the fix on its way soon, or am I going to have to uninstal r12 and all that stuff? (I hope not - my health is not the best at present)
    Thanks for the tremendous effort with the R12 revision.

Tony
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: R12 Compatibility for dAP

Run the file association program for dAP.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• petriburg
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Apr 2002

All file associations for dAP are correctly installed. It looks like I'm going to have to have both versions of dMC (11.5 and 12) installed, or wait for the R12 codec to be re-written. If this is the case, do I have to completely uninstall R12ref, then install 11.5, then r12ref to a different folder? Bit of a pain, but if I've got to do it, then so be it.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

You don't need to reinstall dMC r11.5 if you don't want it. You should be able to uninstall dAP, then reinstall it to a different folder and install the Legacy codecs to its location.

Comment

• petriburg
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Apr 2002

Lt.Data - Thanks for your reply. I did as you suggested (uninstalled dAP via Control Panel), reinstalled to a new folder C:\\.....\Illustrate Old and rebooted.
          File associations are correct. Double click opens all my mp3 files, except the one I downloaded yesterday. With this d/l, which was originally in .ape format and converted to mp3 Lame with dMC, double left click opens audio player gui, but nothing happens! Pressing the 'start' button in the player opens a file from another (adjacent) folder! [The file will play in WMP and in Nero (it is, in fact, an early classical album d/l via Torrents) so it isn't corrupt]. Strange? - Tony

Comment

• petriburg
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Apr 2002

Gets stranger by the hour!! I converted the (original d/l) .ape file to wav - ran it in Test Conversion (no write), and dB had no trouble with that. Still dAP wouldn't look at it. Mouse over the file showed file size of 0.00 and duration 0.00. Put the wav file through Sound Forge, didn't do anything to the file, just 'Save As' with a track number (it's all one track - see later in this post). Went to the saved (wav) file, double click, and hey, dAP played it. Converted the (new) wav file to LAME mp3, and that plays too! Got me beat!! [Wonders - was it the insertion of a track number that changed everything - did dAP reject the original because it lacked this?]
            2. As mentioned above, this is all one 69minute track, with some 12 songs.
            Wasn't there a new utility to cut such files into individual tracks? If so, is it available for r12?
            Thanks everybody,
            Tony

Comment

• Wayne
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Aug 2002

Did you install the legacy ape codec into the same location as you installed dAP?

Comment

• petriburg
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Apr 2002

Yes, Wayne, installed the legacy codecs in the same folder as dAP.
                BTW, can you direct me to that (fairly new) utility that cuts a long file into individual songs? Thanks - Tony

Comment

• LtData
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • May 2004

I believe what you are referring to is here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...0593#post60593
                  Or if you are referring to the old r11.5 utility codec for length splitting, it is in Legacy Codec Central.

Comment

• petriburg
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Apr 2002

Lt.Data - yes, thanks for your reply - it is the Length Splitter that I was looking for - is it on the list for inclusion in R12, do you know? (Meanwhile, I can manually segregate tracks using Sound Forge - just takes a bit longer). - Tony

Comment

• LtData
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • May 2004

I think Spoon is planning to port it to r12, but, as always, he has the last word on that.

Comment

• Razgo
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

yes there was a thread somewhere where spoon said 50% effects done so far and the rest should be done in a couple of weeks.

Comment

• petriburg
                          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                          • Apr 2002

Thanks, everyone, and greetings, Razgo! I can be patient and install the updated utility as and when it becomes available. Meanwhile, a copy of the tracklist (with timings) for this all in one download, has facilitated breaking it up into its component parts with no dramas, so all's well.
                          May I say congratulations to Spoon for his excellent work on R12. Those users of R12 who are complaining should be regular visitors to this forum - they would then understand the reasons why R12 was released early. It's refreshing for a program's editor to be completely open regarding the shortcomings of the initial release. We should all applaud the fantastic job that has been, and is continuing to be, done by Spoon (in his own time, yet!).

Comment

• Razgo
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

Hi Petriburg! , yes i agree the shortcomings of R12 will soon be forgotten

Comment

Working...

]]>