title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

File Selector Observation

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

File Selector Observation

Whilst using the latest version of File Selector last night I noticed a feature which I find slightly annoying.

I wanted to convert files in the folder G:\New Recordings into the folder G:\New Music. Unfortunately File Selector attempts to place the converted files within the folder G:\New Music\New Recordings. This means I have to rename every file before attempting conversion.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Uncheck the option 'Keep Path when Convert' it is just above the folders.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Wayne
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Aug 2002

How embarrassing. Thanks Spoon, I give it a go tonight.

BTW How old do you have to be before you stop being a Junior Member?

Comment

• MODatic
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Apr 2002

It's not based on age, it's based on the number of posts you make. If you make enough, you'll just be called a member, make even more and you'll be called a senior member and so on...

Comment

• Norman Black
          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Spoon
          Uncheck the option 'Keep Path when Convert' it is just above the folders.
          Now to get real fancy slick...
          I am currently re-encoding my cbr320 files to vbr160.
          g:\music\cbr320\... => g:\music\vbr160\...

A conversion keeping directories gives
          g:\music\vbr160\music\cbr320\...

I just then drag and drop the files into their proper location eliminating the excess music\cbr320 directory tree in the vbr160 tree. A trivial operation to be sure.

The fancy slick part would be if you could convert a directory structure "relative" to some base directroy, thus eliminating the need to move the files like I do now.

BTW: Just registerd my power pack today. Thanks for the great product.

Comment

Working...

]]>