title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

R12 CD Ripper Comment box issue

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TarkusShakti
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jul 2005

R12 CD Ripper Comment box issue

The Comment box has an unusual bug. The text doesn't wrap. So if you paste in a single long line you'll never be able to edit the end of the line. You can only expand the ripper window as wide as your monitor and if the text is wider than that - oh well?

Also, while the technical achievements of this release are already becoming legendary - the interface is a little weak in this data entry area. Could look lots better in think...

:komisch12

TS
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: R12 CD Ripper Comment box issue

If you use the right arrow when the cursor is on the line it will scroll to the right. Putting a horizontal scroll bar in that window would get rid of 50% of what you can see.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• TarkusShakti
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Spoon
      If you use the right arrow when the cursor is on the line it will scroll to the right.
      This doesn't work on my version of R12...

Putting a horizontal scroll bar in that window would get rid of 50% of what you can see.
      Didn't ask for scroll bars. It just would be nice to see it word-wrap at the end of the box. Crap - you can't even see the right side of the enclosing box.

TS

Comment

• TarkusShakti
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jul 2005

Is this issue going to slip through the cracks?

TS

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Word wrapping would add artificial Carriage Returns, especially as it is a small window. We can scroll without issue, running Vista here, you have no windows graphical enhancement running?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• broodwich
            • Feb 2007

It would be nice if you could add unique comments to each track before the rip. I like to copy all those "Feat. Snoop Dogg" entries to the comment field of the ID3 tag. I don't like it when that info is in the title of the track or in the Artist field.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Currently you can if you check compilaton, click refresh, then select each track individually and set the comment at the top. Then uncheck compilation.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• broodwich
                • Feb 2007

Okay, that will work. I'll give that a try. How about editing in the list view. You can change the track names in the list view why not the artists, year, etc?

Comment

• LtData
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • May 2004

Click on a track, then you can change the Artist, Year, Title, etc. up at the top. After you do this, click "Refesh". If you want to change them in-line with the track, check the compilation button, click "Refresh" then you can change it for each song.

Comment

• TarkusShakti
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Jul 2005

Oh, OK If I stretch my window to over 1600 pixels wide I can finally see the right side of the comment box. The window lay out is really kinda weak.

If you want to keep your gold in a purse made from a pig's ear - I'll just have to live with it.

TS

And is it really true you have no ability to test the software you are selling on WinXP?

Comment

• LtData
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • May 2004

I believe Spoon's main machine is Windows Vista, yes. Whether he dual-boots with XP or has another XP box handy that he can test on is beyond me, however.

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

We can test on anything from Win98, NT4, XP including 64 versions, but it takes a few hours of setting up, so we only test when we have to.
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>