title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

FLAC 1.1.4 Support

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • woeger
    • Sep 2005

FLAC 1.1.4 Support

Now that the new FLAC 1.1.4 is out, will dBpowerAMP Reference version be supporting this new codec?

It offers speed improvements and bugfixes.

Thanks!
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: FLAC 1.1.4 Support

The codec will be updated, but it may take a while, as there is work being or needing to be done (porting codecs to r12, DSPs, etc) before a codec is simply updated. Until then, you can use the CLI codec and the FLAC .exe to use 1.1.4.

Comment

• jamesbaud
      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by LtData
      The codec will be updated, but it may take a while, as there is work being or needing to be done (porting codecs to r12, DSPs, etc) before a codec is simply updated. Until then, you can use the CLI codec and the FLAC .exe to use 1.1.4.
      Here's how to use the CLI with FLAC 1.1.4

I'd like to use the CLI encoder option when encoding to mp3 so I can use specific switches for lame but I keep getting error message after another. Is there a decent How to on using this option other than what is posted on the download section? Please advise because if I cannot get this working this software is useless to me.

Comment

• LetThereBeRock
        • Feb 2007

Thanks a lot!!!!!!! :komisch12
        The problem was the bloody -f (Force overwritting).
        It works fine. I have been experimenting, and getting a little higher compression.
        Is Flac 1.1.4 a stable release?

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

Apparently it is a final, stable release from what I can see from here: http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/flac...ry/000713.html

Sourceforge's update system is down, so they can't update the main page apparently.

Comment

Working...

]]>